Fake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lanaone

Apr 18, 2020
Ok I know this is pretty out there, but I don't buy LV often and I need advice. I bought an LV Montaigne Empreinte Mm from the online store, took weeks for authentication then received it over a month ago. Upon opening the box I was missing the gushing and instant love I was hoping for... in fact I was a little disappointed. The bag was light and not supple soft leather as I expected, and leather quality didn't seem to match other brand bags I've bought - such a Alexander Wang, Dolce and Gabbana and Saint Laurent. It smelt of leather and it still smells great but for the price, was hoping better. For some reason I instantly questioned if it was fake. I know I might be crazy in thinking this, and surely it's not possible getting one from the Online store, right? There were really tiny, tiny flaws which I didn't expect - fine scratches on hardware, unremoveable smudge on the zipper. I've authenticated where I could and I feel it meets genuine criteria... but I was hoping for thicker... softer... can someone reassure me? Happy to share pics.

If you bought it from the LV online store then I don't think there is any reason to doubt the authenticity. Empreinte imo is not as soft and supple as other leathers. If it were too soft then I don't think it'd be able to hold the embossing for the pattern. If it wasn't from the LV store, there is an authentication thread here you can submit your bag to check it's authenticity.

Reactions: Love_N_Lune
I think you're trying to find a reason to return. Your title is questioning if it's real or not, and then you mentioned scratches and smudges. Just return it. LV does not sell fakes. There has never been a confirmed story of someone getting a fake from Louis Vuitton. Now if you purchased from a third party that's a different story.

The Montaigne in empreinte is not made of soft leather. It is sort of a stiff, structured bag. I own it in the biggest size, and I especially love the light weight of the bag!

If you bought it from the LV online store then it is not fake. It sounds like maybe you had different expectations and just because the bag did not meet them does not mean its fake. Also sometimes comparing leathers to other leather bags does not always work, it depends on the type of leather used. Not all leathers are going to feel the same. I would just return it.

Ive kept the bag past the 30 days so couldn't return. I believe too that I couldn't have gotten a fake buying direct from the LV Online store, I just had no experience buying LV before. I guess my expectations didnt align. I got it just before the price rise so the thought of returning the one I got and going in store to pay another 100 bothered me so I kept the bag. Thanks everyone for your help, I just needed another opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.