Jimmy Choo Fake vs. real maddy/mahala

I'm actually looking for '06 Maddy and Mahala owners to confirm my untrained observations. Can Samantha or robynbenz confirm that the above are true regarding the key things to note when checking for fakes?

Hope this helps some edge907
Here is the link to my Red Maddy I purchased in May. I am not as good with the zipper details, but it might give you a place to start for comparison. Samantha would be able to answer the questions about the zippers:tup:

http://forum.purseblog.com/jimmy-choo/meet-maddy-136142.html

Here are some more pics of a fake electric blue Mahala I found on e-bay. This one is really bad! They even sent me extra pics!!! Ewwwww

Attachments

• fake mahala 002.jpg
    fake mahala 002.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 1,531
  • fake mahala 004.jpg
    fake mahala 004.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 1,296
  • fake choo 011.jpg
    fake choo 011.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 2,583
  • fake choo 007.jpg
    fake choo 007.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 1,838
Here are some more pics of a fake electric blue Mahala I found on e-bay. This one is really bad! They even sent me extra pics!!! Ewwwww
Ok, I guess I should have pointed out the glaring issues. The nameplate on the front is black..should be blue like the bag. The nameplate is not straight and the font on both plates is way off.(too thick) There is plastic wrapped around the handles! Dead giveaway. The gros grain ribbon is cheap looking, with out the little scallops.

what a beautiful bag! Where can I buy this red maddy?
Kunming, welcome to the Choo forum. This thread is only for Fake Maddy/Mahala questions. That Maddy is long sold out. There is a current one in Poppy Red. Call any Choo boutique and they will find one, or go to JimmyChoo.com and it they have it.

Hi, great forum! I'm also a newbie and got taken in by an ebay fake Maddy but was saved by a TPF member contacting me before it was too late. I read on ebay's spot a fake Choo guide that all Maddys and Mahalas should have the 'M' in 'Made in Italy' centered directly under the first 'M' in 'Jimmy Choo' on the inside nameplate. Is this true as I've seen some TPF members post photos of older Maddys where this isn't the case???

Hi, great forum! I'm also a newbie and got taken in by an ebay fake Maddy but was saved by a TPF member contacting me before it was too late. I read on ebay's spot a fake Choo guide that all Maddys and Mahalas should have the 'M' in 'Made in Italy' centered directly under the first 'M' in 'Jimmy Choo' on the inside nameplate. Is this true as I've seen some TPF members post photos of older Maddys where this isn't the case???

Yes, in a perfect world. But, there is some wiggle room in that. Sometimes the plate is crooked in its positioning. If you are ever unsure of authenticity, please post a request for authentication in the Choo forum.