Fake Stuart Weitzman Highlands?

nashpoo

O.G.
Feb 4, 2010
Hi! So I recently purchased two pairs of highlands on amazon because I wanted to take advantage of the prime shipping. I opened the box today and notices that the tie's at the top of the boot are suede? Aren't they always supposed to be leather? On my buff suede pair from Nordstrom they come with a leather tie. Are they fake..? They fit like the real thing and feel like the real thing so I'm really confused!

I just got suede Highlands from the SW site and the ties are also suede, but in the SW store I saw buff Lowlands with the leather ties. Maybe it depends on the color of the boot, or they just changed it slightly within the year?

I asked the SA why some had suede vs leather ties and she said she didn't know. :/ Seems like these SW reps need to get more informed about their own products!

I just got suede Highlands from the SW site and the ties are also suede, but in the SW store I saw buff Lowlands with the leather ties. Maybe it depends on the color of the boot, or they just changed it slightly within the year?

I asked the SA why some had suede vs leather ties and she said she didn't know. :/ Seems like these SW reps need to get more informed about their own products!
OMG. Can I ask what color suede highlands you got with the suede ties?? I've just never seen the classic black or topo with suede ties before so I kind of freaked out and sent them back!!! I'm planning on ordering through amazon again but from Zappos just for peace of mind. They did fit like a glove though and looked just like my buff pair so maybe they were real???

And yes, I agree! I called customer service and the rep needed to look up "highlands" haha. She just told me, "all the ties are suede ma'am." Hehe

I got the Walnut Highlands with suede ties.

Oh and I just remembered I tried on black and londra suede lowlands too at Nordstrom (been a busy shopping week, hehe) and both also had suede ties. My guess is they probably changed it up this season.

I have Highlands and Lowlands and the ties are leather, but I bought them over a year ago. I tried on another pair of Highlands at Bloomingdales a couple of months ago and did notice that the ties were suede.

The boots should be fine if you ordered from Amazon LLC. Those products are sold and shipped directly from them. There are some 3rd party vendors that sell counterfeits, but others who do not. Shopbop is an Amazon vendor and they are totally legit.

I got the Walnut Highlands with suede ties.

Oh and I just remembered I tried on black and londra suede lowlands too at Nordstrom (been a busy shopping week, hehe) and both also had suede ties. My guess is they probably changed it up this season.
Oh wow, thank you so much for the info! Good to know they do come with suede ties too.

I have Highlands and Lowlands and the ties are leather, but I bought them over a year ago. I tried on another pair of Highlands at Bloomingdales a couple of months ago and did notice that the ties were suede.

The boots should be fine if you ordered from Amazon LLC. Those products are sold and shipped directly from them. There are some 3rd party vendors that sell counterfeits, but others who do not. Shopbop is an Amazon vendor and they are totally legit.
DARN. I already shipped these back yesterday because I was so worried they weren't legit haha. I guess I'll just place my order again through zappos!

Reactions: kkfiregirl