Fake sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leeleerae

Jan 7, 2009
Hey ladies!,
This is kind of a rant. I have mentioned before that I started my own site. My Mom, who is verrrrry excited for me, keeps sending me links to sites like mine. Unfortunately, most of those site are selling fakes.
Seeing all of these sites that look legit and don"t have huge stocks, so they look like small businesses, is really getting me down. I thought that the hardest part of starting my store was going to be getting the word out, maintaining the site, and competing with larger sites with more money. Now I realize that the hardest part is going to be to convince people that I actually sell authentic items! It's like I am competing with people who aren't even the real competition!

Sorry, this is just a rant. It's just that I have worked my lil' behind off and I hate these sites selling fakes!

those sites are selling goods, but eventually, the client will get sick of sub par bags that are crappy and not necessarily what the site promises the product to be. you'll have repeat clients that are knowledgeable and are trusted sources for friends and family members looking for luxury goods. the educated consumer can see the difference in these sites (i'm guessing you mean middleman sites?).

good luck with your business!

Awwww...thanks!
I just feel like those site are pests. You can kill one, but it will just come back (with another name).
Yeah, my site focuses on overstock of downtown chick purse brands and some luxury brands. i think i might cut out the luxury brands all together since they seem to scare people away more than attract them!

Last edited:
yeah its so carzy how many fake sites there are. and a lot of them are selling the fakes for not all that much less than the real ones. Maybe have a section on your site talking about the difference between authentic and non authentic bags. and give information on how people can make sure their bag is authentic.

That is a good suggestion Louiebabeee. I had done that, by my Mom didn"t like it. She thought it drove people to thinking that I was more likely to be selling fakes. I will re-evaluate it though. She is older, so while she does shop on the internet, she does not have my target demographic's internet shopping mindset.

I don't understand how those fake sites can exist? What loophole is there??? Anyone know? They are so convincing with their authenticity and satisfaction guarantees.. I don't get it. x

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.