Fake Paddy Fiasco

Serial numbers aren't unique for individual bags, just production runs or perhaps factories...? Our fonts are even different, and I saw a few days ago where the tab was attached on the short side of the serial tag.... none of that is an indicator.

Edit - Borsa I just read your post. I think it's true that Chloe doesn't sweat the small stuff in production and doesn't even attempt to be consistent with things like serial tags. That's a shame that someone's bag was discredited due to the dots versus dashes! :frown: Although I would've taken that advice too.... this inconsistency makes it very difficult for all of us!

Vixy said:
Is the serial number stamped consistant in a certain direction?
I notice blugenie number reads left to right align with the sewn side of the tag. While Jeannies number is align with the "open" side of the tag.
Did that make any sense?

Edit: nevermind it seems like its stamped in all directions with no consistance.

I had one bag from NM that faced one direction and another from LVR that faced the other direction. Again, so many little differences...probably Chloe's way to keep ahead of the counterfeiters, but it is making it so confusing to me.

jeannie77 said:
OMG! It is!!! Are they suppose to have same serial numbers??? And where is your serial tag swen onto on the inner pocket when flipped out?

Yep, it's in the inner pocket when flipped out. That's too funny. Anyways, based on the picture to picture assessment, I think your bag is real deal. Unless mine is fake too, which I highly doubt. Only way that is if I got 3 fakes total from BG and NM (which may be possible since they are effectively the same store).

From what I understood, the serial numbers were date stamps and also the factory stamp. It varies quite a bit, so I put as much weight into as anything else. All in all, your bag looks good, atleast compared to mine.

I think dude should pack sand, especially for his/her unprofessional behavior since we clearly feel entitled to someone doing their job when they are getting paid for it.

EDIT: I agree about Chloe not sweating the small stuff, but I don't think it's to stay ahead of the counterfeiters. I think it has to do with dealing with the lowest bidders. Their quality control leaves much to be desired considering how much we pay for these bags. It took me 3 bags to get one that I was happy with because one thing or another was missing. Serial tags, chipped lock, etc.. My current paddy became a frankenpaddy. Lock of one, Body of another.

Jeannie, Dude is being so unprofessional! The Web site says she will provide authentication services. To me, that means more than a "gut" feeling that something is fake or not! Tell her if she doesn't want to do her job, she should put a disclaimer on the Web site saying she'll only give a "real" or "fake" answer. Makes me mad!!

I don't know anything about Chloes, but I hope yours is real and that everything works itself out.

I agree with the Chloe quality control, who knows how many different manufacturers they have contracted to produce the bags. I love Chloe though!!! I don't really care about all the little details, just the main one, the leather for me personally. I love their leather although the newer ones are a little stiffer and not as soft. I wish I would have kept my perfect noir.

What troubles me is that the seller is no longer registered and no longer responds to emails. .

If you want your money back, file a claim with Paypal immediately. From ebay:

When you pay with PayPal for an item covered by PayPal Buyer Protection, you may receive coverage up to $1,000 at no additional cost. To see if an item is covered by PayPal Buyer Protection, look for the following in the "seller information" section of the seller's listing.
imgPBP.gif

Transactions Covered by PayPal Buyer Protection
PayPal Buyer Protection helps you in the event you do not receive your item or the item is significantly different from its description in the seller’s listing. An item is covered by PayPal Buyer Protection if it meets the following eligibility requirements.
  • <LI style="MARGIN-TOP: 6px">The "Free PayPal Buyer Protection" message is displayed in the seller listing information. <LI style="MARGIN-TOP: 6px">You purchase your item on eBay. <LI style="MARGIN-TOP: 6px">You must use PayPal to pay for the item, and use the seller's email address associated with the listing. To make sure of this, use the gray Pay Now button when the eBay listing ends. <LI style="MARGIN-TOP: 6px">The seller's eBay listing is for a physical item. Services and intangible items are not covered. <LI style="MARGIN-TOP: 6px">You may only file one claim per PayPal payment. You are limited to three PayPal Buyer Protection refunds per calendar year.
  • Claims must be filed within 45 days of the PayPal payment.
There may be other requirements that apply to your item. Learn more about PayPal Buyer Protection.
How PayPal Buyer Protection and eBay Standard Purchase Protection Program work together
  • <LI style="MARGIN-TOP: 6px">For most items not covered by PayPal Buyer Protection, eBay offers a standard purchase protection program which provides coverage up to $200 (less a $25 service fee). <LI style="MARGIN-TOP: 6px">Both the eBay and PayPal purchase protection program offer coverage when you pay for an item that you don't receive or when you receive an item that is significantly different from the item that was described in the listing.
  • If you pay with PayPal on listings that are not covered by PayPal Buyer Protection, and file your complaint with PayPal, PayPal will provide the protection outlined by the eBay Standard Purchase Protection Program.
Receive full buyer protection with PayPal Buyer Credit
  • <LI style="MARGIN-TOP: 6px">When you use PayPal Buyer Credit to pay for merchandise on eBay, your transactions are eligible for full buyer protection at no additional cost. <LI style="MARGIN-TOP: 6px">Buyer Protection from PayPal is in addition to any rights you have to dispute charges to your credit line with the credit issuer.
  • You can receive full buyer protection if you pay for an item and never receive it or if you receive an item that you purchased on eBay and it is significantly different from the item that was described in the listing.

Update on the dude. I sent her an email with some of the pictures that our members provided me with. This was my email:

On Apr 24, 2006, at 7:58 PM, Jeannie Shin wrote:

"Ok, here are some pictures of the inside fabric of an authentic paddy. And I do understand there is something fishy about the seller which is why I asked for your help in the first place. I'm sorry if I didn't understand the service you provide correctly but I assumed that you would give customers some sort of comprehensible reasons for your judgement. (as we are paying you)
Now, what was wrong with the lining?"

This was her response:

"compare the interior pocket fabric of these two bags. do they look the same NO. on another note, how did you even get my link? this is a service i provide to a small group of collectors who have a very different attitude then you."

I just don't want to deal with her anymore. I wrote back saying that I'm sorry for my attitude if it offended her, but that her attitude wasn't very cordial either, but in any case thanked her for her opinion and expertise. For future reference, if anyone needs their bag authenticated I strongly urge you to NOT get it done by the dude.

As for paypal and eBay I have notified eBay and am waiting response.

BalenciagaLove said:
EDIT: I agree about Chloe not sweating the small stuff, but I don't think it's to stay ahead of the counterfeiters. I think it has to do with dealing with the lowest bidders. Their quality control leaves much to be desired considering how much we pay for these bags. It took me 3 bags to get one that I was happy with because one thing or another was missing. Serial tags, chipped lock, etc.. My current paddy became a frankenpaddy. Lock of one, Body of another.

:lol: frankenpaddy - chucky's long lost brother!! :lol: Yeah, no kidding over a month and I'm still waiting for the key from LVR via Chloe! (good thing I've got another key to bust in!)

Now back to matters at hand....

I find dude more offensive than your ebay seller. Is that wrong of me? That response just makes me want to smack her! How rude!

^^^ Blugenie - I so feel your pain! I hope it gets settled soon!

oops doggies whining, it's outside time!