Fake Mulberry - seller denies all responsibility

Nani_F

Apr 24, 2012
I really need some help here ladies :sad: I purchased a Mulberry Chocolate Bayswater from Ebay on behalf of my best friend aka. my big sister to her. Idea was that we could share some use of this, as I have a black one already and she needed a brown one to use at some occasions (we share - i have used her small Miu Miu vitello lux and she has some of my shoes, lol) As I compared the brown one to my own black bayswater I noticed no difference, and we were super happy about getting this. Over 45 days passed before there was any doubt that it would not be autenthic (I noticed some difference in the quality of the marking of trees and Mulberry-name).

Now I have a confirmation from here, and from another party that the bag is not autenthic! I have contacted the seller about this, and told I have confirmation about this being fake from here. I told that I want my money back and that I would even send this back to him/her. But, seller denies any responsibility, and I quote the seller below:

"Purseblogs own disclaimer states they are not an accredited or reputable source merely members opinions. Ebay does NOT and never has used sites like that for cases.
To put this to rest... there is no doubt in my mind that the bag is authentic and if you choose to believe forums etc then that is your choice."

Is there anything I can do? I keep on emailing the seller, who still insists this is autenthic, that he has not lied and has the nerve the say "God bless!" like everything would be ok :sad:

Nani_F

Apr 24, 2012
AND the seller has sold multiple Mulberrys and for example YSL Muse on Ebay before! I have no idea if the other products have been autenthic or not, but this whole mess just pisses us off here! How can people be like that?!

littlehanoi

Oct 29, 2012
Sweden
I'm sorry ti hear about what happened. You should contact ebay before put more time to email the seller. Ebay might give you advise how to prove that the bag is fake. My thumb rule is avoid the one who sell many same items.

Sue247

Apr 3, 2011
Sadly i dont think Ebay will do anything after the 45 days. I bought a bag a while ago, after 45 days i found out it was definitely fake. I had not heard of this site before so had not got it checked out, but now i know what to look for i can't believe i got caught out as it was a bad fake too. Anyway, when i contacted Ebay they said they cant do anything and simply advised me to contact the police and possibly a small claims action. I just left it and put it down to a bad experience which i learnt from. Hope the seller is decent and you get a good result.

GillianAnnie

Dec 28, 2012
England
Sadly ebay is full of sellers who know fine well their goods are fake but sell them as authentic anyway. As others have said, after 45 days there's not much you can do. A hard lesson to learn. :tdown:

Sue247

Apr 3, 2011
If it is still within 60 days you can still leave negative feedback though. Leave negative feedback, the seller may be prepared to accept the bag back if you remove the feedback..

lolz

Jul 16, 2011
Scotland, UK
How did you pay? If you paid using credit card via paypal then I think you have longer to file a credit card chargeback? Double check by contacting paypal. Good luck xx

Nani_F

Apr 24, 2012
Sadly i dont think Ebay will do anything after the 45 days. I bought a bag a while ago, after 45 days i found out it was definitely fake. I had not heard of this site before so had not got it checked out, but now i know what to look for i can't believe i got caught out as it was a bad fake too. Anyway, when i contacted Ebay they said they cant do anything and simply advised me to contact the police and possibly a small claims action. I just left it and put it down to a bad experience which i learnt from. Hope the seller is decent and you get a good result.
I guess there is quite a few of us, sadly :/ Its just that when you receive the item and are sooo happy about it, it was easy to forget to be careful. Well, I am definitely learning from this bad experience - always check the autenhicity no matter what.

Nani_F

Apr 24, 2012
I'm sorry ti hear about what happened. You should contact ebay before put more time to email the seller. Ebay might give you advise how to prove that the bag is fake. My thumb rule is avoid the one who sell many same items.
I contacted them and the forum adviced here earlier (will contact another one if needed) to get an opinion Ebay/Paypal accepts. We'll see. At this point this is so much about principal to me and my sis, we just want to find out if the seller lied and to show the seller that he/she can not do things like this without consequence. Even if it is just a really really mad buyer after 45 days :P

CPrincessUK

Caribbean Princess
Jul 7, 2011
UK
www.caribbeanprincessmusings.com
Nani_F said:
I contacted them and the forum adviced here earlier (will contact another one if needed) to get an opinion Ebay/Paypal accepts. We'll see. At this point this is so much about principal to me and my sis, we just want to find out if the seller lied and to show the seller that he/she can not do things like this without consequence. Even if it is just a really really mad buyer after 45 days :P
Yes if you paid via credit card via PayPal you can get a chargeback. You need to get it authenticated using one of the recommended services; one of the lovely ladies here might be able to help with that. Usually you need to send pics of the bag to the service and you get a detailed write up of why the bag is fake sent to you which you can send to your bank with the bank's official form. Phone the bank and they will send the forms.

BeenBurned

Coach, Dooney, Uggs
Authenticator
O.G.
Feb 25, 2007
East Coast, USA
I assume you used paypal but how did you fund the payment? If the money wasn't in your paypal account, please say you used a credit card. (If you did a bank transfer or use pp balance, you're out of luck.)

If it was a c.c. payment, call your credit card company, explain the situation to them and ask what you need to do to win this chargeback dispute. If they need an authentication, you can use A4U (as recommended above). Get specific information as to the kind of authentication letter you need. There are different types, some more expensive than others.

If you go the chargeback route, your credit card company will notify paypal and pp will put a hold on the seller's funds.

love4mom

O.G.
Aug 9, 2010
New Jersey
Are you absolutely sure that this bag is fake? How does the seller's feedback look? You mentioned that she sells other bags as well. Do those look authentic?
How much time has passed since you purchased it? I know you said it has been over 45 days, but how much over?