Fake Mono Speedy? How to Spot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zestypasta

O.G.
Sep 21, 2006
Hi! I have a question, I hope this is acceptable in this section of the board. My BF's mother has a 30? speedy she got for a consignment shop? I thin it is fake, but am not sure, and regrettably don't have pics.

It seems "light" to me, but I have a Manhattan PM, so that could be because of the lack of hardware. I also have two pieces of luggage I've had for over 15 years, but that's not helping me tell with this purse:lol:

The first thing I noticed was that the handles were stiched to the bag with 7-8 stitches across the top of the three-sided patches, not 5 like the ebay guide says...

Does that mean it is definitely fake?:yucky:

Yes, the speedy is pretty light. I have the damier speedy, not the mono, but mine has 6 stitches on the top of the patch. another way to tell is there is a hole in the pull tab for the lock. I saw a mono fake that looked pretty good except it didn't have the hole.

There are many other ways to spot a replica bag, whether it's a Louis Vuitton or any other brand. They say that a picture is worth a thousand words, well, so in this case. The color, the logo, the stitching, the date code, you have to check all these details to recognize a fake :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.