Fake Mono Speedy? How to Spot?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi! I have a question, I hope this is acceptable in this section of the board. My BF's mother has a 30? speedy she got for a consignment shop? I thin it is fake, but am not sure, and regrettably don't have pics.

It seems "light" to me, but I have a Manhattan PM, so that could be because of the lack of hardware. I also have two pieces of luggage I've had for over 15 years, but that's not helping me tell with this purse:lol:

The first thing I noticed was that the handles were stiched to the bag with 7-8 stitches across the top of the three-sided patches, not 5 like the eBay guide says...

Does that mean it is definitely fake?:yucky:

2. I know the speedy is a pretty light bag...at least that is what tends to be posted here. I am not sure about how to check stitches though.

3. Yes, the speedy is pretty light. I have the damier speedy, not the mono, but mine has 6 stitches on the top of the patch. another way to tell is there is a hole in the pull tab for the lock. I saw a mono fake that looked pretty good except it didn't have the hole.

4. Ok, I just looked at some authentic bags on this forum and they all have 5 stitches. I would have to guess the bag you're questioning is indeed a fake.

5. Thanks! The guide on eBay is so confusing about the stitches, I assume the older 1980's bags can come with more than 5 stitches? This bag definitely isn't that old.

6. There are many other ways to spot a replica bag, whether it's a Louis Vuitton or any other brand. They say that a picture is worth a thousand words, well, so in this case. The color, the logo, the stitching, the date code, you have to check all these details to recognize a fake :smile:

7. Post required pictures (read post #1) in 'Authenticate this LV". :ty:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice