Fake LV @ Marshall's?!?

I saw the fake Dooneys in there last weekend and thought I must be imagining it - I don't really know these bags well so I thought they must just be poor quality trashy looking bags!

I have never ever even seen any LV items @ Marshalls, nor do I believe for 1 second that they're authorized to sell LV since LV dsn't discount - how can they accept a return on something they don't even carry?????? This makes me think they were intentionally selling a fake.

If you've seen some of the women that hang around in the TJ Maxx and Marshalls in downtown Chicago you'd understand why the shop staff don't want to argue with them. I certainly wouldn't.

^^^ lol - I'd still draw the line at accepting something the store didn't sell. I used to work @ TJ Maxx when I was in college & the stuff they accepted for returns was aweful......... I'd say no, they'd get the manager to say yes. Dirty worn things - ewe:yucky:

Nah, I worked there on the weekends throughout college and you wouldn't believe the type of things we were forced to take back. We used to be told to be more accepting of the returns even if they were nasty. Every once in awhile I would get a little victory over some unscrupulous person trying to pass off a knock off as an expensive bag, but most of the time the managers would just slap a ticket on it and tell us to put it back out there. :cursing:

LOL. I worked at WalMart for about a month when I was a freshman in college. It made me hate retail. We, as cashiers, were instructed to accept returns of ALL merchandise, even if it was obviously purchased at another store. I was always all, WTF? You'd be surprised at the stores which have this policy!

Maybe it was a mistake. I talked to an employee there one time and apparantly, they get quite a few shady returns with people taking a price tag from something they bought there and attaching it to some junk that they want to get rid of.

This is exactly what I think it happened to be honest. I dont think they'd sell fakes, what I think is they dont know the difference maybe.

I think someone probably bought a non-LV purse and returned the fake LV. It would be very hard for Marshalls to keep track of everything they sell, since they are not a regular retail store that has a small variety of things. Marshalls has a large variety of different things. It would also be hard for the cashier to prove that a tag didn't go on an item, because by the time the return is made, everything else with that same price tag is already gone. I think everyone is blowing this out of proportion. I doubt it would knowingly stock a fake.