Fake Louboutins?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chloe292

Feb 9, 2007
Im browsing ebay for some...and im wondering if I should be aware of fakes?

I know everything is faked these days, for instance the quantity of fake uggs on ebay is unbelievable.

But these all look good to me and besides, I only get 86 results when searching with keywords "christian louboutin" which doesnt seem like alot when you consider it is showing me everything not just a particular style.

I also tried to google these keywords and I didnt get any results for obvious replica sites.

It just seems unbelievable that something this popular hasnt been copied?

Has anyone come across fakes on ebay or anywhere else?

:smile:

I never heard of fake Louboutins, but you never know with everthing else that is being made fake. I think if the seller has good feedback and has sold other high end items you should be ok. I have had some bad experiences on ebay so now I just buy it at the store, I rather pay the extra money.

I have seen a LOT of fake CLs on ebay! It's really difficult to tell as they often use stock photos. Even the sellers with high feedback can be selling them - many buyers don't realise they're buying fakes so they leave good feedback. I believe natural gas girl sells authentic shoes, other than that don't know any other reputable sellers...

Totally...I don't trust anything on ebay, until I have done as much of a thorough investigation on the item as I can.

My friend just joined Ebay & was about to get bitten by the bidding bug, but I had to burst her bubble.

She was excited about possibly bidding on an "authentic" Ferragamo because it seemed like a good deal. I told her to send me the link. In doing some background check on the Seller, I did inventory on the other handbags she had up for sell. One of them was an "authentic" Fendi currently at the bid price of $355. The handles of the purse were covered in plastic, that's a high-end brand No-No. :tdown:

So I clipped her Ebay wings & said that if the seller was selling that particular fake, who's to say the other handbags weren't fake as well?

I don't care how many "Guarantee Authenticity" phrases she has on her listings.

i'm sorry to say but there are TONS of fake CL's on ebay now, and even MORE on iOffer.com. as far as i know, the most commonly faked styles are the bruges (mostly black), black suede rolando, black suede or kidskin very prive... but i've heard recently that miss freds and architeks have joined the fake club too!! :sad:

the fakers will often post pics at weird angles so you don't get a clear look at the shape of the shoe, and also spin a lot of stories like 'oh i got 3 pairs for myself and 3 pairs for my sister, all in different sizes because we weren't sure what sizes we'd be....now we're selling them off for $300 a pair" or some shady crap. other times though (and this is the scary part) they'll either STEAL pics of authentic CL's, or (what many tpf'ers are suspecting is the case) they'll actually BUY an authentic pair of CL's and keep using those pictures, but sending out fake ones. and also, it's usually a very good idea to steer AWAY from the sellers who are based in china--i've seen several listings from sellers in china who say "authentic CL, brand new! all sizes!" but when i say "china", i am excluding hong kong because i've come across a number of sellers from hong kong who sell authentic CLs

because of all this, PLEASE be sure to get any potential CL purchases authenticated at the "authenticate these louboutins" thread and to do your research on the seller's history, and of course report any listings of fake CLs.

as classicsgirl mentioned earlier, the ebay seller "naturalgasgirl" sells lots of authentic CL's as well as manolos, choos, gucci etc etc but her prices are VERY high so if i can help it, i wouldn't buy from her. she does often have rare styles/colours though. grrrr.

some other reputable sellers include: spot123, manolochloe, mushroom_city (a great seller based in hong kong), rodeodrivefashionista, be-luxe, dognamedboo, eluxuryshoes... i'm sure if you ask the nice ladies in the CL forum, they could give you even more names :smile:

also are you sure you only got 86 results when you searched "christian louboutin"? because i got 1076! :smile:

Like mancho said, you can check ioffer to see a wide variety of fakes. A seller having perfect feedback and having sold other high ticket items doesn't mean a thing I'm afraid. If I were you, I'd post pics in the Authenticate these Louboutins before making a purchase if you're unsure :flowers:

and these? i mean...the price is too good to be true, i think.

http://www.ioffer.com/i/77146426

from ioffer:

17 available Asking price: $119.00 Shipping: $60.00

That doesnt take an expert!

17 available - Who would walk in to CL to buy 17 pairs (and suppliers are selectively chosen to keep the brand's rep high) and at £55 or $119 - who could afford to loose $800 off the list price per boot?

I can tell from the picture these are fake, and even if the boots in the pic were authentic, you will get sent a fake.

I say, if you want something authentic, stay away from ioffer. Its not properly moderated, and the sooner that the brand owners get injustion on them the better!

When choosing to filter search results from high to low, the first 3 results may be auth, but with the next 2 thousand fake...

I have seen a LOT of fake CLs on ebay! It's really difficult to tell as they often use stock photos. Even the sellers with high feedback can be selling them - many buyers don't realise they're buying fakes so they leave good feedback. I believe natural gas girl sells authentic shoes, other than that don't know any other reputable sellers...

I've bought several pairs of shoes from Natural Gas Girl, including CL's & Manolos. They have all been authentic and authenticated. I would recommend her as a seller. While I have not specifically seen fake CL's on *bay, I've seen fake everything else, so I wouldn't be surprised if they're on there somewhere, too! Good luck ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.