Fake Isabel Marant Shoe, to open ebay resolution do I need to prove inauthenticity?

Hi, sorry I was away for so long since I was on vacation. I bit the bullet and went through mypoupette to have it authenticated. I received the certificate of inauthenticity from mypoupette and forwarded the documents to the seller. The seller was unresponsive for several days. As a result, I opened a case with ebay before the 45 day mark expired. The seller remained unresponsive for another 6 days or so, then replied with the message that "will advise once shoes are sent back. sorry for that."

Now, I can go ahead and send the shoes back, hoping for a refund, but am I still protected? Is there any guarantee? I talked to ebay and they said I can leave the case open and just attach a message with the tracking number that it has been sent, so it's neither closed nor escalated. However, today is the last day I can escalate the case.

Would I be protected still if I not escalate the case, return the shoes, and receive the refund. If the seller decides not to refund, will I still receive help from ebay? Or should I just go ahead and escalate, even though the seller is somewhat working things out with me. I say somewhat, because she does take her time to get back to me, which feels like she's trying to buy time until the ebay deadline to open case/escalate case has passed.

Hi, sorry I was away for so long since I was on vacation. I bit the bullet and went through mypoupette to have it authenticated. I received the certificate of inauthenticity from mypoupette and forwarded the documents to the seller. The seller was unresponsive for several days. As a result, I opened a case with ebay before the 45 day mark expired. The seller remained unresponsive for another 6 days or so, then replied with the message that "will advise once shoes are sent back. sorry for that."

Now, I can go ahead and send the shoes back, hoping for a refund, but am I still protected? Is there any guarantee? I talked to ebay and they said I can leave the case open and just attach a message with the tracking number that it has been sent, so it's neither closed nor escalated. However, today is the last day I can escalate the case.

Would I be protected still if I not escalate the case, return the shoes, and receive the refund. If the seller decides not to refund, will I still receive help from ebay? Or should I just go ahead and escalate, even though the seller is somewhat working things out with me. I say somewhat, because she does take her time to get back to me, which feels like she's trying to buy time until the ebay deadline to open case/escalate case has passed.

suggest that you do escalate your case... you do not want to let that time

frame expire... if the shoes have been returned , you can provide

that shipping info to ebay... how did you pay for these shoes??

with a credit card?? if worse comes to worse and you are getting the

run around, you can also dispute the credit card charge and provide

shipping info to your cc... keep us posted

suggest that you do escalate your case... you do not want to let that time

frame expire... if the shoes have been returned , you can provide

that shipping info to ebay... how did you pay for these shoes??

with a credit card?? if worse comes to worse and you are getting the

run around, you can also dispute the credit card charge and provide

shipping info to your cc... keep us posted

I paid through paypal bank funds because if I used a CC for international purchases, they take a cut as well :/

Will escalate.

Update on my case. I sent the shoes back using Express USPS since I need a signature to receive a refund. However, the latest tracking update shows that the receiver requested the item to be held at the post office for pick up on 12/31, and has stalled since then. What if she's doing this on purpose and refuses to pick up? Without a signature, I can't receive my refund...

Contact EBay. They will see that the package has arrived and the seller has not accepted delivery yet. I think they may process it then. Not sure, but I would think they would.

Hi: new here, but with the same problem. Careful with this seller, I would escalate since the member is waiting for the case to expired or she/he has a fake address. I opened a case with PayPay, still waiting for seller to respond. Try to keep the case open with eBay and have another one with PayPal, this way the seller will know you are serious

Hi: new here, but with the same problem. Careful with this seller, I would escalate since the member is waiting for the case to expired or she/he has a fake address. I opened a case with PayPay, still waiting for seller to respond. Try to keep the case open with eBay and have another one with PayPal, this way the seller will know you are serious

You cannot open cases with both ebay and PayPal.

Thank you for your insight and reply :smile: I just called the NY boutique and they said they don't really do any sort of authentication, but if I like, I can email them photos and they can give me their opinion of what they think. I'm not sure if that's good enough as proof (how can one really get a certificate of authenticity?), but they were kind to offer their opinion. Just shot them the email with photos.

I am really sorry to hear about your situation. I had a similar situations with a pair of UGG's I bought.

Edit: sorry I didn't read through the rest of the thread.

OP I think that you can still win the case, you've proved that you have shipped the item, and it's up to the seller now. Contact Ebay asap and I hope they will side with you.

Keep us updated!