Fake Etinceler Certificates being used to scam and sell fake bags

Michele

O.G.
Mar 22, 2006
It has come to our attention that someone has created a fake website and email address using our name. This came to our attention after a buyer of a Chanel bag received a fake certificate, then she contacted a fake email address to verify the certificate almost identical to ours but missing an "S" after authentication.

We do believe we know who this person is, however we are investigating the matter and further determining what actions we are going to take. In the meantime, please be diligent and careful. If you have received a certificate or an email with our name except without the "S" after authentication, especially 27 series bags, please contact us immediately.

Reactions: 880 and resplendent
I also want to mention to please confirm with us if a site states our company authenticated a particular Chanel item. Especially, if it is a Classic Flap Bag (15 series and higher) or boy bag.

This happened to me in January 2019. Same MO. Fake email address similar to my email address and impersonating me, claiming to be from my website, and fake certificates. Sounds like the same person.

Now all my certificates have a QR code so they can be verified on my website independently.

This happened to me in January 2019. Same MO. Fake email address similar to my email address and impersonating me, claiming to be from my website, and fake certificates. Sounds like the same person.

Now all my certificates have a QR code so they can be verified on my website independently.

Yes, we have certificate numbers on our letters, but the fake certificate had a fake number that is not even in sequence with our currently #'s. We're going to be making changes here soon to our format. I hate that these scammers exist.

• Wow
Reactions: 880
For this auction:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Auth-Chanel-Medium-Classic-Double-Flap-Bag-Black-Caviar-Leather-Gold-Hardware-/324170508849?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&nma=true&si=%2FpaKVTLPY4svwq0FaZ9tNDGXhdU%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc

The auction states: "Authenticity Guarantee; Certified authentic by Enticeler. Secured by a full money-back guarantee"

The seller provided a fake certificate to the buyer that copied our format.

Buyer stated that she was aware that seller had similar bag listed and sold in April (also with 27 million serial #) and when questioned the seller stated it was a different bag. In fact, it looks like this seller sold at least 3 of these bags with "certificates", the first one sold March 15, 2020.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/sorciereblanche/m.html?LH_Complete=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2046732.m1684

Last edited:
Seller prior eBay User IDs.

sorciereblanche eBay ID history.jpg
Internet research led us to the name of the seller, who coincidentally has the same last name as someone who contacted us on March 6, 2020 for email authentication (not a common last name). Additional pictures were requested from this person, with follow up email reminders, but none were ever provided and so we issued a refund to them on March 19, 2020. Michele was the authenticator that was assisting this person and so we believe that's how she copied our email format.

Before making a purchase, sometimes members will come here asking about "opinions" on a seller. Without knowing Chanel and without knowing any of the back story regarding this issue of fakes with forged certificates, the seller's listings raise huge red flags and personally, I would have recommended the back button.

But then again, hindsight is 20-20.

I'm always suspicious (right off the bat) when I see a seller with luxury items having 99-cent starting price auctions. Ebay auctions, even with low starting prices don't bring the bidding frenzies we used to see 15 years ago. Several of her items were sold more than once and the multiple feedbacks from "repeat buyers" show red flags.

I hope this seller is reported to and NARU'ed from ebay!

I'm always suspicious (right off the bat) when I see a seller with luxury items having 99-cent starting price auctions. Ebay auctions, even with low starting prices don't bring the bidding frenzies we used to see 15 years ago. Several of her items were sold more than once and the multiple feedbacks from "repeat buyers" show red flags.

And the "private listing" in their feedback history.

Reactions: limom
And the "private listing" in their feedback history.
Yup, that's because of the private bidding. It keeps everything private so there's no way to check the history once the items time out of the completed/sold listings.

I get private listings for personal care, fetish and other "sensitive" items, but I can't think of any valid reason why an honest seller has private listings on handbags! It makes me question what they're hiding.

Reactions: limom