Fake Chanel? Post it here!

Wow, just read through some of these posts and made me realize how careful you have to be on ebay when purchasing a used bag. Good lord.

Can I ask - what is the best way to protect yourself from buying a fake and authentication methods? I've been assuming that using the standard Ebay + Paypal as a payment method is good enough from a protection stand point? I'm a bit confused on the various means for authentication - I read references to "authenticate before" buying via the "Authenticate this CHANEL" thread and sites like Authenticate4U (is this legit? Are other sites better?). Post transaction (you bought it), are you able to bring it into a Chanel store to validate? What's the best way?

Second post here and shopping on eggshells.

Wow, just read through some of these posts and made me realize how careful you have to be on ebay when purchasing a used bag. Good lord.

Can I ask - what is the best way to protect yourself from buying a fake and authentication methods? I've been assuming that using the standard Ebay + Paypal as a payment method is good enough from a protection stand point? I'm a bit confused on the various means for authentication - I read references to "authenticate before" buying via the "Authenticate this CHANEL" thread and sites like Authenticate4U (is this legit? Are other sites better?). Post transaction (you bought it), are you able to bring it into a Chanel store to validate? What's the best way?

Second post here and shopping on eggshells.

It’s easier to authenticate before purchasing if possible; I recommend etinceller authentications, they are very affordable and known for being the expert company for Chanel. The Authenticate this Chanel thread is also a great resource, but since authenticators in tPF are volunteers and not always online, it is best to go with a paid service if time is of the essence. You can also use these methods post-purchase, but it will be a lot more hassle if it turns out to be fake.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/332495148090?ul_noapp=true

Fake Chanel earrings, the hallmark is poorly engraved and this specific seller has quite an interesting selling history. The seller has 100% positive feedback but has sold the exact same pair in the last 30 days with varying prices, the exact same listing photos and descriptions. When I questioned the seller about authenticity and perhaps a photo of the side of the box with the code, they skirted around the question and stated "no international shipping" only.
AVOID.