FAKE Bottega Veneta from Bergdorf Goodman

^ BottegaBlair I'm glad Saks.com took care of your Burberry trench. I still have NO resolution with them.

^ Ranag Thank you for posting this additional information. Homeland Security has a website that allows you to inform them of situations such as these. I discovered this from a full page ad run in Harper's Bazaar magazine entitled Crimes of Fashion that directs you to the website www.FakesAreNeverinFashion.com. I hope anyone who has experienced this with any retailer files a complaint!

i'm amazed. saks and bergdorf goodman carrying fakes?

if you order it online it should be packed in the store and picked up immediately by the couriers, and most of them have it insured. no way it would get switched by the couriers, more likely by someone in the store, simply because they would know to keep stock of what fake stuff and sell them out. if it were the courier after X many complaints the store would change their vendor.

simply no defence on their behalf whatsoever. i've ordered stuff online from bags to what have you not from europe and asia with thankfully no problems. for me i wouldnt care for store credit, i'd want my cash back or i'd go to whichever consumer complaints department/relevant ministry and make a huge fuss over it.

really feel sorry for you guys, hope your issues will be resolved. :heart:

Ranag, I hope that major department stores are not importing and selling counterfeits, but I know first hand that I can happen. There used to be a department store in my area (Stix Baer and Fuller) where I purchase a "Cartier" watch about 30 years ago. When I went to get it cleaned and repaired, I was told that it was a fake - after the store went out of business. I paid a very handsome price for that fake.

If you do know for certain which retail outlets they are, then please publish their names as well as report.

I heard that someone saw a fake Bottega at a Saks off Fifth outlet store. Scary. I have a friend that saw a fake Hermes scarf at a large, famous store in London. Apparently, an inexperiences SA took it back on return, not realizing it was a fake. Some fakes are really good mirror images. Makes me think that if you are going to spend alot on a bag, maybe buy it in the boutique...yikes...scary situation...so sorry to hear about it.

This is ridiculous. I'd be so upset. So sorry you had to go through this.

I think that someone should write about this. A consumer markets reporter would probably love to know about such a story and print it - in the New York Times perhaps or the Daily News.

The point is really not so much to spite BG; I love the department store and have only received the best customer service. However, the idea is to embarrass them so badly that they make the proper investments into their staff so that the right protocol is taken (I don't care, whether it be on the sales floor or the online warehouse staff; it's not like the QA should vary). It's an outrage, and while it is a relief that you are knowledgeable enough to notice the difference, we're a bunch of BV enthusiasts and I'm certain a minority of the BV-purchasing consumer population. This being said, I wonder how many oblivious consumers there are out there who shelled out more than $2,000 at Bergdorf for an authentic Veneta (or other bag) and are currently donning on their arm a fake.

It's understandable why the manager would never want to publicly acknowledge the authenticity issue; they likely never will and will likely get rid of the item immediately. However I think either a letter to the CEO of Neiman Marcus Group or a tip to a Consumer beat reporter might bump their quality control a few notches so that this economy does not get the better of them as well. If you're selling luxury brands you have the accountability to ensure that this would NEVER happen; once is too frequent.

I am so pissed now and my hands are shaking.. so upset.!!!!!!!
Bergdorf charged me for the bag again on 9/21 and accusing me of sending the fake bag. they said they have the proof. what the heck! they said they have the proof that i did this before. I've never bought a luxury bag from online. I claimed a dispute with credit card already. why is this happening to me??????? this is just nightmare!

kim77, I am so sorry this is happening to you too!

Have you contacted the BBB, and your state's consumer advocate? That is just insane that they are accusing you of a scam!!!

There is no way in the world I will ever order online from BG, NM, or Saks, this is just so unfair!

Best of luck to you!

I am so pissed now and my hands are shaking.. so upset.!!!!!!!
Bergdorf charged me for the bag again on 9/21 and accusing me of sending the fake bag. they said they have the proof. what the heck! they said they have the proof that i did this before. I've never bought a luxury bag from online. I claimed a dispute with credit card already. why is this happening to me??????? this is just nightmare!

I'm so sorry about this nightmare. Is it even legal for BG to re-charge you after refunding your money?

From now on, I am going to use major credit cards for my on-line purchases -- not store credit cards. I will feel a little safer using an "independent" credit card.

this is really terrible...what's happening to kim and wt88...I was soooo tempted to order a BV bag from NM but will totally rethink it now!! Does anyone know how long it takes to get a bag from the BV website?
I'm sosooo sorry this is happening to you two ladies, but, don't let up on these companies. They need to pay for their faulty mistakes.

UPDATE: After nearly 3 months of my Saks ordeal, I am very relieved to tell you they are now crediting my account for the incorrect (and fake) BV they shipped me. They let this incident drag on for way too long and would not admit they have any problems on their end. It really appears that if you order a designer bag from a major retailers website you are putting yourself at risk for receiving a fake. As others have posted, this counterfeiting needs to be controlled. Each bag should be carefully inspected by a trained associate before it is shipped and some sort of security tag must be attached to prevent any "fake" substitutes.

This has been a sickening ordeal for me and took a great deal of my time to resolve. I am grateful to my State Attorney General's Consumer Protection representative who helped me out. I hope my love of bags returns at some point. I do know that I will never, ever order another bag from a website. If I can't see it and inspect I will never risk this awful experience again!!