FAKE Bottega Veneta from Bergdorf Goodman

Major incompetence from 2 respected and well known department stores (not only in the US but worldwide). This is unacceptable there is no excuse for that.
I am really sorry about what you are going through wt880014 & Kim.:flowers:

I was the person who received the fake bag from Saks.com about a month ago. They have refused to credit my account claiming they never carried the bag they sent me and I immediately returned to them!!! They refused to even acknowledge the bag they sent was not even the style I ordered. Shame on these companies for not realizing they have a BIG problem with designer bag orders. Now I am left with a legal battle!

Just a thought, can you file a dispute with your credit card company?

Sorry about the trouble you have. I guess I will stick with the boutique too!

I've never bought from BG or Saks.com but reading this is making me feel physically sick. It must happen a lot, but many people would never question the authenticity of a bag bought from a reputable department store. Thanks for sharing, good luck getting your money (and a real bag) back!

the tag should be sewn into the zip pocket on the inside of the bag

I'm so sorry that this has happened!!

I don't know any reason that the authenticity tag wouldn't be in the bag. I don't emy veneta with me, so i can't remember exactly where the tag should be, but my guess is inside the pocket on the inside of the bag.

You need to call them and explain what happened. I am sure they will be apologetic and will pay for shipping the bag back.

Good luck!

Even though BV & BG have partnered together I guess there is still something to be said by buying at a BV store. You know what you are getting is real.

I hope everything works out for the 2 of you that received bags that were fake and that you did not want.

Keep after them. The squeaky wheel always gets the grease.

You know what they say the buyer is always right.

I've never bought from BG or Saks.com but reading this is making me feel physically sick. It must happen a lot, but many people would never question the authenticity of a bag bought from a reputable department store. Thanks for sharing, good luck getting your money (and a real bag) back!

I guess Im one of those ppl, I wouldnt have question the authenticity from a reputable dept stores. Sorry to hear that it happen to you ladies, hope everything works out.

I just bought a Dark Truffle Pyramid from the NY store. They were really wonderful with service and sent it gratis overnight. Meanwhile I took the occasion to report, best I could, the situation with the scammers--what went on with Saks and with BG. I stressed the need for training SAs and other protections. But it seems it might be a challenge for the retailer to identify the actual scammer. I hope those who had this bad experience have had it successfully resolved. The BV people in NY claimed to have reported this to the proper person in the BV heirarchy. I do not see it as just the a one store problem. I feel BV should know about it. Also I asked if there was someone or place to send these reports when they happen. I don't know if that will be forthcoming.
Savieria

I was the person who received the fake bag from Saks.com about a month ago. They have refused to credit my account claiming they never carried the bag they sent me and I immediately returned to them!!! They refused to even acknowledge the bag they sent was not even the style I ordered. Shame on these companies for not realizing they have a BIG problem with designer bag orders. Now I am left with a legal battle!

Please let us know how this turns out. I was reading this entire thread referred over from a Gucci thread and again what an eye opener, I'm just shocked. Esp. since I purchased alot from SAKS, some NM, BG and others, even online where I can't see and touch them. So sorry this nightmare has occurred and Good Luck!.

**Updates** Hi ladies~ it's been a while since i posted this thread. i was sooooo busy... :sad:

good news is: i got the credit back from BG. Sales manager said that since they sent me the wrong color, she would send me another one. But she denied that the bag was fake. :wtf:

bad news is: the bag was on sale. It was kinda odd that one of the most popular color ebano was on sale. popular bag on sale but fake. She said she would send me the brown one instead but i asked her whether she can order me the ebano. She said she would get back to me. BUT she never call me back or reply back to my phone call. what kinda a customer service is this?:nono:

In conclusion, i got the full credit. I will never ever buy anything from BG. EVER!

**Updates** Hi ladies~ it's been a while since i posted this thread. i was sooooo busy... :sad:

good news is: i got the credit back from BG. Sales manager said that since they sent me the wrong color, she would send me another one. But she denied that the bag was fake. :wtf:

bad news is: the bag was on sale. It was kinda odd that one of the most popular color ebano was on sale. popular bag on sale but fake. She said she would send me the brown one instead but i asked her whether she can order me the ebano. She said she would get back to me. BUT she never call me back or reply back to my phone call. what kinda a customer service is this?:nono:

In conclusion, i got the full credit. I will never ever buy anything from BG. EVER!

Very Happy for you that you got your credit!!!!!

Don't write them off completely, they do have good sales :graucho:. If you want an authentic Bottega from BG, call Jody direct and have her pick it off the selling floor for you.
After your experience and the other member with Saks, I will never buy a desinger bag ONLINE again. I will buy from the SA on the selling floor, if I know the SA knows her BV. Svelana at Nordies Seattle, Jody at BG, Mann at NM White Plains & Annie @ Saks Chevy Chase Maryland. They all know their BV.

^Kim77 you are lucky to have resolved your issue with BG. I have not resolved my issue with Saks.com and it began on 6/30 when I placed my order. In my case I was charged for a BV bag they never even shipped to me. Instead they sent an entirely different BV style that was fake! They have returned the fake and incorrect style bag to me with a letter stating they can't accept it as a return because they don't sell that bag! This incident has made me sick. I have lost all interest in bags and visit tPF less and less. I continue to work on a resolution and will update anything new.

hi wt880014.. i m sorry to hear that you haven't resolved the issue with saks yet. i was mad at the sales manager about not getting back to me. but i guess i should be happy that they gave me the credit.. i totally agree with you that i also lost interst in bags especially BV... i hope you resolve the issue pretty soon~ i don't think i would buy anything from saks.com and bergdorfgoodman.com. ever!

I am just catching up on this thread. First of all, I am terribly sorry that you had to experience this.

Aside from the bait and switch scenario that happens to many a department store, I must also tell you something that my SIL shared with me. She works for the Department of Homeland Security in Customs and Border protection. Part of her job is to physically inspect the contents of some of the containers that come into the ports. They have caught several major department stores buying and importing goods from less-than-reputable sources.

She will never shop at a department store after seeing all of this. She buys all of her clothing and such from local second-hand boutiques. It is very sad, but it happens when stores want to cut corners and cut costs :Push: