DSC_0066.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 1,224
  • DSC_0065.jpg
    DSC_0065.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 1,140
  • DSC_0068.jpg
    DSC_0068.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 1,203
for newbie liek me, how do i protect myself?

btw, spmething came ot my mind IF this happen to me... how do i prove thta the bag i got from BG is fake? they would say that i swap a real bag for a fake one...

doloresmia: this is it. i boxed the bag to ship it back. it was just worst online shopping ever.... :sad:

You are absolutely correct, kim. It's fake:tdown:. Someone else pulled a scam on them, and the person receiving the return didn't take it to an expert in the handbag department to check the font, tag (or lack of). I suppose at most department stores, the returns section just goes through the motions and can't check those details, but maybe now BG will revise their procedures.

I am sick about this for you. Let dh get his money back and go to or call a BV boutique to get a real one in the color you want. Even if this weren't fake, they sent Nero instead of Ebano!

Even I only own three BV bags and in no way to claim I am an expert, this BV appears fake to me. Send it back to Bergdorf immediatly for a return. This is horrible! They should attach security tags to prevent those things happen again.

Heartbreaking!!! You are actually quite lucky they sent the wrong color, I would think! Although, they should honor a return no matter what. (Unless it was a final sale for a basement price or something like that.) Be polite, but firm, and do ask that their security people get involved so they can track down who returned THAT bag to them. I said the same thing on that Saks Switcheroo Thread... they need to track down and prosecute the people who are scamming them! And, yes, they need to do much better training of the SA's in their high-end boutiques. If this is happening in handbags, I'm sure it's happening in jewelry and other departments as well.

Heartbreaking!!! You are actually quite lucky they sent the wrong color, I would think! Although, they should honor a return no matter what. (Unless it was a final sale for a basement price or something like that.) Be polite, but firm, and do ask that their security people get involved so they can track down who returned THAT bag to them. I said the same thing on that Saks Switcheroo Thread... they need to track down and prosecute the people who are scamming them! And, yes, they need to do much better training of the SA's in their high-end boutiques. If this is happening in handbags, I'm sure it's happening in jewelry and other departments as well.

:goodpost:

As a loyal Bergdorf Goodman Landmark store customer I have to come to their defense. When you order from BG ONLINE, your item gets picked by a warehouse clerk who knows nothing about designer bags or designer anything for that matter, they pack it and ship it, when an item gets returned, they put it back into it's slot and process the refund, they do not check to see if it is authentic. They should start putting tags on their bags and I bet they will do so soon.

If you want to make sure you get authentic items call the store. If you want excellent customer service call Jody directly and have her pick your BV bag right personally from the selling floor. Jody is the bv expert at BG. Bergdorf Goodman only has one store, the one on 5th Ave between 57 & 58th streets in NYC.

Sorry this happened to you, but the scammers are to blame and BG needs to start using security tags.

As a loyal Bergdorf Goodman Landmark store customer I have to come to their defense. When you order from BG ONLINE, your item gets picked by a warehouse clerk who knows nothing about designer bags or designer anything for that matter, they pack it and ship it, when an item gets returned, they put it back into it's slot and process the refund, they do not check to see if it is authentic. They should start putting tags on their bags and I bet they will do so soon.

If you want to make sure you get authentic items call the store. If you want excellent customer service call Jody directly and have her pick your BV bag right personally from the selling floor. Jody is the bv expert at BG. Bergdorf Goodman only has one store, the one on 5th Ave between 57 & 58th streets in NYC.

Sorry this happened to you, but the scammers are to blame and BG needs to start using security tags.

I'm not disagreeing with what you say, LT bag lady, but BG couldn't even send the right color!

This is why I try to purchase only from the boutiques...BV, LV, etc. I received a fake LV about 5 years ago from an ebay seller. While I did get my $ back, the aggrevation was terrible. I know dept. stores do their bst, but I'd rather know I am getting an authentic item. My experience just a few weeks ago was the first high-end purhcase I have made on ebay since that scam, and I was holding my breath the whole time waiting for it to arrive...thankfully this was an honest seller and an authentic bag. It would be even more frustrating having to explain all this to the customer service at a dept. store, a place you assume you can trust. I think our fellow tPFers are right, call a boutique directly, they all ship, or deal with a trusted, knowledgable SA who really knows the product and can pull from the floor for you. Hope this works out for you!!!

I once returned a (real) YSL bag to the Saks store and the SA didn't even look at the tags or the bag. He just took my receipt and scanned it for a refund. So, be careful at dept stores too.

Also, I was at the NYC SAKS this weekend and i saw what seemed to be fake MJs and Chloes on the sale shelf. I'm not an expert on these but the leather looked AWFUL. I'm kicking myself for not pointing it out to the SAs (though I'm not sure that they would even care).

the scary thing would be what if they think that YOU are the one trying to pull a scam (i.e., you received an authentic bag and are pretending you received a fake)? since the department stores don't use security tags and don't note the serial number of the bag they are selling, there is no way for them to know who the scammer really is. i used to get annoyed when nordstrom would give me such a hard time when i returned a chanel bag purchased from another store to my local store. now i fully understand why and greatly appreciate the vigilance.