Fake balenciaga...

I confess. I do it all the time. I've only seen 5(?) real bbags, out of say 60 spottings. Everytime I've seen real ones, they were in really amazing old colors- like forest green, lilac from 2003, and stuff like that. The fake ones were just.. fake..

There's this woman that lives in my building, and everytime I see her- she is always with her olive weekender. It's as if she can't leave the house without it, which is pretty awesome. I've been trying to work up the guts to talk to her, but I'm afraid she doesn't speak English or something.

:smile:

esiders said:
People do that to me all the time! I walked into Nordstrom this weekend and these three girls at the makeup counter turned and gave me and my blue Work bag the once over. :amazed:

So I stopped in front of them and started looking at shoes, so they could get a good look at the bag! :amuse: I don't mind being check out...just be discreet.

ahahahah thats funny, funny because its such a cute idea. :P

mocean said:
hahaha i saw this woman at Jamba Juice a few days or so ago with a green city bbag with brass hardware, thought it might be the new emerald, but it turned out to be one of those overly crinkly, shiny, waxy ones. when i got closer it was such an obvious fake. my mom was with me and nudged me to ask is it real? and i shook my head b/c she was like 5 feet away.

a few minutes lates (whilst waiting for my smoothie) some other woman came in with a real gucci (methinks) and they started talking bags together. ( i was wearing my new balenciaga travel bag, not an it-bag) and seriously, OF COURSE i listened in. the fake bag girl was talking about how she was planning on getting this new it-bag shaped like a half-moon soon (muse anyone?), very hoight-toity, about how she JUST bought this one and how she has an addiction. my mom started laughing and i just bit my lip.

Huh? A lady with a real gucci and a lady with a what-you-called fake balenciaga talk to one another? Doesn't that lady who's carying a real gucci have a weird expression when the other lady talk about her addiction towards her balenciaga? Very weird........

:blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

mlertpac said:
I confess. I do it all the time. I've only seen 5(?) real bbags, out of say 60 spottings. Everytime I've seen real ones, they were in really amazing old colors- like forest green, lilac from 2003, and stuff like that. The fake ones were just.. fake..

There's this woman that lives in my building, and everytime I see her- she is always with her olive weekender. It's as if she can't leave the house without it, which is pretty awesome. I've been trying to work up the guts to talk to her, but I'm afraid she doesn't speak English or something.

:smile:
Are you going to tell her, "Oh, what a beautiful bag you have....." or "Lady, do you know you're carrying a fake?" :huh: :huh:

I have to admit I did it yesterday on the train. The woman in front of me was wearing ugg boots which I was admiring then I glanced up and saw she had an indigo balenciaga twiggy! We got off the same station so i stuck to her like glue trying to figure out if it was real :lol: . I hope I didn't freak her out!

yellow_gummybear said:
Do you guys think that girls who know ppl are checking out their bags think "I feel good b/c they probably are envious" or "WTF biyatch, wat are you looking at?!":P

I think that's what THEY WANT TO THINK !!!! Just recently, I was at a restaurant where seated right next to me was a woman with a fake Fendi Spy Bag (Cognac color). Don't know what possessed me to do it, but it just so happened that I was also carrying my 'REAL' Cognac Spy ... and here we are seated right next to each other!

So, here's the funny part ... she thought she was all that when she walked to the table with her *FAKE* bag ... then she sits down, and sees mine. As my husband knows my handbag addiction, he said (a little to loudly), "gee honey, do you think her's is fake?" (it did look kind of bad). She looked at my bag as though she had x-ray eyes and then just GLARED at me! I just ignored her ... it's HER problem, not mine!

There's no shame in getting a nice (and less expensive) bag (Coach, Cole Haan, etc.) have some really NICE bags ... she ruined her whole ensemble by carrying that yucky :sick: bag!

I'm just wondering why your husband had to rub in to the lady that her spy is fake? Here in my country, seriously wealthy people have very expensive things too but they never act like they are above others. Sorry, I just can't help but say this cause I think your husband, unprovoked, was very rude to the lady.