Fake Bags Can Have Silver Linings!

Here's my New Best Friend, somewhat sooner than planned. My husband took a pic while I was in the bath. But being a man, he forgot to drape the tassels the way I wanted them. Or attach the shoulder strap I had purchased. Just the same, I hope this gives some idea of how edible the leather on this bag is!

Attachments

• balenciaga bag.jpg
    balenciaga bag.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 133
heather123, I have to admit when I saw the title of this thread my first thought was, "Really?!" But having read the thread I am so happy that you got an authentic Bal in wonderful condition for such a great price....you're right, there ARE silver linings!!

I'm sorry, I don't know your original story, but did your husband get his money back from the fake bag? But this is a great stroy! Only 100 Euros? I've seen sellers like your friend's friend on ebay selling their free items for bargain prices. U are one lucky gal! Congrats!

Congratulations -- what a great story and an amazing deal! I've seen a couple of posts on the Bal forum where people have been able to get extra straps or mirrors from the BalNY store. It definitely seems to vary, but it might be worth a call. I wouldn't go into a lot of background on how you got the bag, but just tell them you have a black 04 City and have lost the strap, and see what they say. I seem to also recall people saying that Tuesday is the day they hand out the happy pills to the SAs there, and they're more likely to be nice that day. ;) HTH!!

I'm sorry, I don't know your original story, but did your husband get his money back from the fake bag? But this is a great stroy! Only 100 Euros? I've seen sellers like your friend's friend on ebay selling their free items for bargain prices. U are one lucky gal! Congrats!

The story actually had a solid-gold lining, as my husband eventually got his money back. I know what you mean about those eBay sellers, but I was anxious to stay away from eBay this time. You see, about a year ago I ended up with a fake Fendi Spy Bag from there. The seller was very unscrupulous, and spun a yarn about selling the bag for a friend, etc. But THIS seller was just SO SWEET. She even gave me a free pair of earrings! 'Just for good luck when you're wearing your new bag!' It reminded me of that thing where it's supposed to be good luck to place a few coins in a purse you buy for somebody, for good luck. All in all, a wonderful experience. And the bag is immaculate. I realize that if only that young model had had all the accessories for the City, she could have commanded a far higher price. And yet to be honest she struck me as the sort of person who wasn't looking to make a huge profit from something that had cost HER no money! I've been so glad to share this with you ladies here :tup:

Congratulations -- what a great story and an amazing deal! I've seen a couple of posts on the Bal forum where people have been able to get extra straps or mirrors from the BalNY store. It definitely seems to vary, but it might be worth a call. I wouldn't go into a lot of background on how you got the bag, but just tell them you have a black 04 City and have lost the strap, and see what they say. I seem to also recall people saying that Tuesday is the day they hand out the happy pills to the SAs there, and they're more likely to be nice that day. ;) HTH!!

Thanks for that advice! I bought a generic shoulder strap from a leather goods store, but I think it might be a bit long and 'dangly'. That's why I wanted to wait for my husband to post a pic later, so I could have got opinions on the strap!

Can I ask you, how did that ladies on the BAL forum break it to you that the first bag was a fake? I have seen a couple of bags displayed on this forum that I think are fake but don't know how to break it to the person posting the picture.

Can I ask you, how did that ladies on the BAL forum break it to you that the first bag was a fake? I have seen a couple of bags displayed on this forum that I think are fake but don't know how to break it to the person posting the picture.

we just tell her as it should be told her. a fake is a fake. is there any other way to say it? ;)

btw, where did you get this authenticated heather123? did you run it by the experts in the auth thread? i remember you said there're no cards or such to help determine authenticity; the strap's missing and we weren't shown pictures yet. the bales and rivets would help in the auth process.

we just tell her as it should be told her. a fake is a fake. is there any other way to say it? ;)

btw, where did you get this authenticated heather123? did you run it by the experts in the auth thread? i remember you said there're no cards or such to help determine authenticity; the strap's missing and we weren't shown pictures yet. the bales and rivets would help in the auth process.

The bag was authenticated by the store that had actually given the girl the bag in the first place! If you recall, when I initially broached the issue I had not seen the bag. I only had a phone call to go on. But as the days and weeks trundled by, a plan was hatched! I reckoned it was best to try and deal with this 'in person'. A few weeks ago I read on a TPF thread where somebody had a Gucci bag authenticated here, but it turned out to be fake! Although in the case of MY fake bag I was 'glad' to get advice, I prefer to get these things done in person.