fake bag story

aml716

.. cut off ..
O.G.
Oct 10, 2006
was en route to work today and saw two ladies having a discussion.
I gather one lady bumped into the other and the end result, the second lady's bag broke. she had a fake carly.

the "bumper" looked like she was apologizing for damaging the bag (the strap snapped off the links) the "bumpee" was like, it's coach.. u would think they'd be sturdier..

here I am thinking "NOT if it's a poorly made fAKE Carly."

I know shouldn't mock someones misfortunes, but lesson learned: u get what u pay for.

she ended up walking away carrying her bag like a sack of potatoes.

I've seen some "Coach" with metal O rings that are open almost to the point of the strap being able to come off. I only have one Coach so far (Hailey) but all the O rings are solid - are the split ones a sign of a fake? Or does it depend on the style? I sure wouldn't expect any bag regardless of price/authenticity to break if someone bumped into me (unless they ran over it with their car!) so it must have been a pretty bad fake.

HI,
Too funny!! I thought you were going to say that the to ladies got in a fight over the Foach!!!
Your story reminds me of an incident about a year ago at my local FP Coach store! A lady came into the store to return a bag! She said she got it as a gift and it wasn't to her liking! (A Foach signature BackPack! - Brown C's w/white background) I could tell right when she pulled it from her shopping bag that the handles were cheap plastic! The SA had to tell her that "Sorry, that bag isn't a Coach!!" The lady then left!
I felt kind of bad for the lady!

Lynne :biggrin:

I've seen some "Coach" with metal O rings that are open almost to the point of the strap being able to come off. I only have one Coach so far (Hailey) but all the O rings are solid - are the split ones a sign of a fake? Or does it depend on the style? I sure wouldn't expect any bag regardless of price/authenticity to break if someone bumped into me (unless they ran over it with their car!) so it must have been a pretty bad fake.

LOL! tiggycat, yes the split rings are a sign of fake Coach bags. Coach's hardwares are very solid! I don't really baby my bags but they still hold up very well. :smile:

I often wondered if you walked into Coach with a fake if they would try to confiscate it? COACH is so anti-counterfeiting, I wouldn't be surprised. I know someone that bought a fake in China (believe it or not, her fake is what got me into the real thing!!), and I told her to NEVER wear it into the Coach store.

HI,
Too funny!! I thought you were going to say that the to ladies got in a fight over the Foach!!!
Your story reminds me of an incident about a year ago at my local FP Coach store! A lady came into the store to return a bag! She said she got it as a gift and it wasn't to her liking! (A Foach signature BackPack! - Brown C's w/white background) I could tell right when she pulled it from her shopping bag that the handles were cheap plastic! The SA had to tell her that "Sorry, that bag isn't a Coach!!" The lady then left!
I felt kind of bad for the lady!

Lynne :biggrin: