Faint, very stupid mistake I have made!!

hwjfj2006

Apr 15, 2007
Today one buyer asked me about a Miu Miu bag's serial #. I replied her a wrong serail # 140 by mistake. Really don't know how this happened, but it just happened. So of course I didn't get her bid. Until a moment ago, I double checked the bag's serial #, I realize the mistake I have ever made. Too bad!

Now my anger turned into regret and worry! I am afraid that the buyer thought I was selling fake items and report to ebay. Then I will get trouble about fake issue, which I have never encountered before. Is there any chance I can contact this buyer and explain the situation.

Thanks for your time and advices!

Last edited:
You can message her through eBay, the same way she contacted you in the first place... Just go to her original message and respond. Come to think of it - the process should be exactly the same as they was you responded to her the first time around (when you gave her the incorrect serial no).

i dont think Miu Miu bags have serial numbers, in fact I am sure they only have date codes and they sometimes dont have that.
Yeah. My Miu Mius never had any serial numbers at all and I purchased them from Miu Miu shop in Bond street and I have about 7 Miu items such as wallet and bags. Also my Chloe paddington has no serial number and I purchased it from Selfridges. So whenever I see listing stating serial number above bags I'm always confused and ?!!!.

^ never seen a paddy with no serial number, are you sure there isn't one inside the inside zip pocket?
as mentioned just reply to her question again and explain what happened

^ never seen a paddy with no serial number, are you sure there isn't one inside the inside zip pocket?
as mentioned just reply to her question again and explain what happened
100% sure there is no serial number. Also I waited this limited edition all black paddington for about 2 months and thoroughly checked once received and no serial number at all. Maybe it was limited ed so there is no serial number.
I'm still confused about Mius as all mine has no serial number at all!

you may have a problem sending message, in uk if you have replied which you have, they will say already responed, i lost a seller like that, wanted shipping i said get back to you and could not, i think its to stop people interfereing auctions, you can try good luck alfie x

^ i get that sometimes but you can go through the contact seller link when you click on their user name, you will have to enter a secrurity code but it will let you contact them

It's rare but it definitely happens!

Actually, my Chloé Hampton doesn't have a serial # either. I had it authenticated on the Chloé authenticate forum and everything checked out except for the lack of serial #, which I was told, although it's rare, it does happen.

It was originally purchased from Bluefly.com, so I have to believe it's authentic. I know nothing about Chloé, but will take the word of the expert person over there.