Fads You Wish Would Die Once and For All, Never to Be Reborn

This thread is a train wreck of people passing jugement over orhers’ choices because they think they have the monopoly of good taste. :no: It’s like watching Mean Girls.

It’s fine to dislike certain trends. I certainly do myself. But maybe we should be a bit more thoughtful in the way we express that? Just a suggestion.
What else is new...

Reactions: Cammiecam
I completely agree with these!!!
• Logomania - tacky and gauche
• Fanny Packs / Bum Bags - :sick:
• Studded everything - especially the shoes (some of the bags are super cute. But we’re just stud overloaded)
• Torn jeans - why was this ever a “thing”?
• Long dragon nails
• Mom jeans
• Dad sneakers

I’d like to add these:
• Men in sagging jeans or skinny jeans - please just get some pants that fit!!!
• French manicures - I’m guilty of still wearing these from time to time because they’re practical. :-s But, we all have to take a deep breath and let them go. LOL!
• Conspicuously displayed belt buckles - tucked in shirts fronts, hanging out shirt backs. Are people really that hungry to have others know they have a designer belt?
• Heavily made up faces, especially the heavy contouring - Why is everyone so unhappy with their real face??? It looks so fake and so tacky.
• Spider like false eyelashes
• Over the knee boots - Very few people look good in these... like only 4 people worldwide. Everyone else looks like pirates.
• Platform shoes - some platform can be great to make higher heels more comfortable. But the super chunky stripper platform heels have to go.
• Cropped / ankle pants - no one looks good in these. They look like tired mom wear.
• Unusable micro bags
• Women mincing around in uncomfortable designer heels. They think we’re admiring the red bottoms. We’re actually laughing because they walk like a peg legged pigeon.
• Hair extensions - Women are not horses. Why they wish to look like one remains a mystery. And, does any partner want to put their hands in their woman’s head and feel knots, gears, pulleys or whatever else they did to stick it in there?
• Cosmetic fillers - particularly the lips. It’s gawd awful. Everyone thinks “their” fillers are done well. 95% of them are dead wrong. We need to gently tell them.
• Colored contact lenses
• Over bleached hair - it looks unhealthy and rarely goes with the person’s skin tone
• Undyed roots - please maintain a regular color schedule. An inch of differently colored roots is not a style.
• Pandora jewelry - ‘80’s charm bracelets and add-a-bead necklaces had a baby.
• Tiffany RTT jewelry - Yes, I have some too. But, it just looks dated.

And, I’m going to get slaughtered for offering these:

<puts on bullet proof vest>

• LV Neverfuls - I get that they are practical. (But are they really? No top closure, skinny shoulder straps, no dividers or multiple pockets for organization...) But they are overdone and never elevate / accent an outfit. They just kind of hang out.
• Cartier love bracelets and VCA Alhambra jewelry - I know these aren’t “fads” per se but the wearing of them has exploded in the last 5-7 years. I don’t get it. If they were from Michael Kors or Calvin Klein no one would buy them because neither really look all that great.

<runs for cover>
You are one brave human! Though I agree with you on most everything, especially the love bracelets and the VCA--when I see like 6 love bracelets stacked up on a Shahs guy arm--it is OVER! <now I am running for cover too)

...or they get stuck on a size number and can’t get past it. I have a friend like this.
I read about an SA in an apparel shop who was abused by a customer. The woman was an L but insisted on trying on S and M, and she blamed the SA when the zip couldn't zip up. She lodged a complaint that the SA was not helpful :sad:

Reactions: kemilia
Edited for the ones I agree with :P

It's funny, I just had an argument with my hairdresser about undyed roots. I told him when I grew up, roots showing was actually shameful because it meant that you didn't have enough money to keep up your hair, and you should just dye it back to your regular color if you couldn't keep it up. He kept saying how awesome my balayage was and it didn't need much tuning up. We compromised. :biggrin:

I really want to know where this explosion in VCA is coming from because I can't afford VCA, it isn't cheap, where are all these people getting all that money for a multi-motif necklace?!
I know! I'm seeing these on local newscasters!

I saw a single turquoise motif on a woman a couple of summers ago and i thought, "boy, I really like that!" and then I saw what they cost (if you could even find a turquoise one) and that ended THAT.

I got one more - those big thick black eyebrows - I just can't!
I was at a hardware store opening last year (yes, it's as bad as that in my town sometimes) and an SA walked past me with what actually looked like eyebrows drawn on with a Sharpie and it really startled me, no kidding. I think I gasped.

Reactions: whateve
Really? I think guys in grey sweatpants are the hottest. lol
I tell my DH I wish I could be as effortless as him. That man can put on his basic grey sweats with some all white forces and look fresh to death!!! IMO his salt and pepper goatee just adds to what I find so attractive!

I tell my DH I wish I could be as effortless as him. That man can put on his basic grey sweats with some all white forces and look fresh to death!!! IMO his salt and pepper goatee just adds to what I find so attractive!

I’ve often thought how nice it must be to my hubby. Tosses on a pair of jeans and a T-shirt with gym shoes and a hat and he’s drool worthy gorgeous. Takes him 10 minutes to get ready and that includes fixing his hair... And then I think, this beauty business is ridiculous and we should be proud of our natural faces, hair color, hair type etc... And that I will no longer subject myself to this torture!!!

Then I catch sight of my self “a natural” in the mirror and I run for my makeup drawer. Hahaha. :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:

I’ve often thought how nice it must be to my hubby. Tosses on a pair of jeans and a T-shirt with gym shoes and a hat and he’s drool worthy gorgeous. Takes him 10 minutes to get ready and that includes fixing his hair... And then I think, this beauty business is ridiculous and we should be proud of our natural faces, hair color, hair type etc... And that I will no longer subject myself to this torture!!!

Then I catch sight of my self “a natural” in the mirror and I run for my makeup drawer. Hahaha. :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:
Same!!! I feel men have it so easy. My hubby can shower, dress, accessorize and then just be sitting on the couch waiting on me. My “natural” look even takes a bit of work, then let’s not even discuss hair! He’s always pleased with the outcome but geez I wish it was as easy as his routine.