Fading UNused Leather??

I've kept my 05 Olive Day in its sleeper in its B box since August 2005. It was my first B bag, and I've just never had the courage to carry it because it was my dream bag.

However, I took it out the other day to look at it and it looks like it's faded in some spots. But now I can't remember if that's the way it looked when I bought it or if it's actually changing just sitting in its bag and box in my temp-controlled closet! Is that POSSIBLE?

Or could my memory just be playing tricks on me? I hope it's the latter. :sad:

That seems strange that it would change in its sleeper. Maybe you're just looking at it in different light and seeing things you didn't notice before? Sometimes the leather also has variations (which IMO makes it really unique). I hope this doesn't ruin your love for it! And you should carry it--they just get better with age and wear!

That seems strange that it would change in its sleeper. Maybe you're just looking at it in different light and seeing things you didn't notice before? Sometimes the leather also has variations (which IMO makes it really unique). I hope this doesn't ruin your love for it! And you should carry it--they just get better with age and wear!

^^ ditto :tender:

And if not, it looks like others have had great success with LMB products... does it feel drier in those spots or anything? Depending on where you live and if you tend to have a dry house (ie during the winter, when the heat is on), that could be a problem... albeit one I don't know how to solve.

Anyway, good luck! Hopefully you can build up the courage to carry your magnificent bag.

Honestly, I would put something on it - My LMB kit shipped today, 24 hours after placing the order. If could be a combination of you not remembering what it looked like; as well as, just a little drying out.

Perhaps if you condition it the bag will be as it should.

Hi... thanks for the comments. It's not dry in the slightest. In fact, I think the reason I haven't carried it is because of all my bags this one has the best leather. I guess my house is just dark... too many trees.

I used the B-kit products on my Emerald bag today and although it wasn't dirty the moisturiser made it look brand new and it smelled really good. I guess if the Olive starts to look worn I can always treat it.

One more question: my other "best leather" bag is a Black 2005 City. Do you treat the handles on a black bag? Or is it unnecessary?