Fading on Ruby Red 08???

bondat

Apr 30, 2008
any case of a 2008 ruby red fading?? i heard that 2007 colors fade easily... how bout the 2008 leather? do they fade easily as well, especially the ruby red color?? =)

please advise!!

I have the 07 Tomato since Mar this year. It's been carried but not abused. I do see any obvious fading if I compare to the mirror but the leather inside the outter zip is darker than the rest of the bag. So I'm not sure if it has faded or not.

Yes, very slightly, as all leather bags will fade to a lesser (if we're lucky) or greater degree, if exposed to UV and general weather conditions.

My Ruby is still quite deep after being well carried, but with the cracking in the leather that inevitably comes from being carried, I'm sure there is very, very slight fading - not that the naked eye can notice, though.

I have Tomato 07, which was bought pre-loved, and boy, has she been carried... but there is hardly any fading on that pre-loved Tomato 07, compared to another barnd new Tomato 07 I have, which (being very small) has been carried just a handful of times.

Nope no fading issues. In face I have many Balenciaga red bags: Rouge Vif, Rouge Theatre, Ruby, Grenat and Bordeaux and none have them have faded a bit. I agree with the thread posted a while back, I don't think b-bags red fade - the greens and blues are more prone too.

My 06 rouille courier has faded a bit Beaux, so some reds must be more prone to it. It's still a rich and beautiful colour so it doesn't bother me but I do see a difference between the front and the back of the bag.