Fading Black Bal? No Problem!

Thanks for the bump; I've been toying with the idea of "repairing" my 2 Black PT's (my '07 and '09 - both of which have turned into swamp things - uggh!).

My pre-loved Matelasse has seen better days. Although the leather is not damaged, abraded in any way, she was a little bit faded on the top and edges as well as dry. I used one coat of the Tarrago on her, buffed really well, then Apple Conditioner and a protective coat of Applegarde to finish her off.

Before:
Twiggy 05 left, Matelasse 07 right
IMG_4241.jpg

Twiggy top , Matelasse bottom
IMG_4242.jpg

Now AFTER:
IMG_4247.jpg

Close-up, one more after: Twiggy is on the bottom. Matelasse looks good doesn't she? a little facial and she's at lease as dark and shiny as her older cousin, but not nearly as soft...
IMG_4248.jpg

Attachments

• 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    180 KB · Views: 833
  • 22.JPG
    22.JPG
    180 KB · Views: 821
  • 33.JPG
    33.JPG
    193.2 KB · Views: 827
HI Liva1, I've used Kiwi Quick Shine on the handles.
Pictures are blurry...sorry. Hope you can see only one handle is done :smile:

Hey chilifene, great to see another Copenhagen Bal fan :smile:
That's brilliant, I can definitely see the difference.
This isn't a dye, is it?
I guess it's just different brands but that they actually do the same.
Thanks!

Anyone know where to buy this particular Tarrago LIQUID shoe polish in the US? I'm searching high and low but I've only been able to find the cream (not what the OP used). Thanks!

HI Liva1, I've used Kiwi Quick Shine on the handles.
Pictures are blurry...sorry. Hope you can see only one handle is done :smile:

Wooo .. this is GOOD to know!!!! I also don't want to 'dye' my bags, but my '09 RH Part-Time is looking like the swamp thang right now .. NOT PRETTY!!! I may just give this a try!

Sorry to barge in but my boyfriend uses some premium shoe/ leather care range and actually went over my black handbags- well 2 of them. He added a cream conditioner which has made the leather really supple and then went over this with a wax and cream polish. Sounds like a lot but my bags feel fantastic, its lessen some of the creasing too and given a true black finish. I use to use the self shine stuff but I was told not to by a cobbler due to the silicon content which prevents the leather from 'breathing'. I buffed my handbags a few times afterwards to re-distribute the oils and get the bags to really glisten. And no there was no product transfer on my clothes. My camera's a bit rubbish and won't pick up the difference so I haven't posted pictures.

My pre-loved Matelasse has seen better days. Although the leather is not damaged, abraded in any way, she was a little bit faded on the top and edges as well as dry. I used one coat of the Tarrago on her, buffed really well, then Apple Conditioner and a protective coat of Applegarde to finish her off.

Before:
Twiggy 05 left, Matelasse 07 right
IMG_4241.jpg

Twiggy top , Matelasse bottom
IMG_4242.jpg

Now AFTER:
IMG_4247.jpg

Close-up, one more after: Twiggy is on the bottom. Matelasse looks good doesn't she? a little facial and she's at lease as dark and shiny as her older cousin, but not nearly as soft...
IMG_4248.jpg
Hi there!
Did you use the neutral tarrago or the black one? My City looks sad and I think she needs a complete spa treatment :shucks:
I found the Tarrago on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tarrago-Sel...t=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item7dbc287fdd