Faded Alum. Lil Ukita vs. Newsprint PTTM Natasha?

lvh75

O.G.
Dec 24, 2006
Ok, so I just received my Faded Aluminum lil Ukita and now I have a dilemma: should I keep it and get rid of my Newsprint PTTM Natasha, or should I return the lil Ukita and get rid of the Natasha? I love both very much, but now that I finally have the grey lil Ukita, I didn't realize before that they are very similar.... too similar?? Not sure what to do. I've had the PTTM for about a year now and have used it off and on for a few days at a time throughout the year, and I really like the style, very unique. But I also love the Ukita bag style very much, and I've been wanting the Faded Aluminum color for a LONG time now, since last year. So now, I don't know what to do. I really do like both bags, and part of me doesn't care that they're so similar, I would use both. But another part of me feels really silly :shame:
Here is a pic of both side by side. Is it silly to keep both, or do you think they are different enough...Any thoughts and opinions are appreciated, thanks!

Last edited:
From what I can see from looking up photos of the lil Ukita (not very familiar with this bag), it seems a bit more versatile than the PTTM Natasha? It looks like it can serve as both a shoulder bag and a crossbody; it has the pebbly leather also. The PTTM Natasha seems to have a more laid back feel to it. I do love the numerous number of compartments and pockets in the PTTM Natasha though. Hmm this is a tough one... I guess it all depends on how and where you will use each bag most.

Yes, thanks so much for your reply! (I just cannot for the life of me insert the pic I took... I need more practice on this forum, so sorry...I will keep trying...)

I do agree the lil Ukita is more versatile than the PTTM one, also I feel that the Ukita somehow holds more even though they look similar in size... And you're right, the PTTM is more laid-back, which is my style most of the time...
Not sure what to do, I will continue to think about it....

Wow, the Ukita holds more than PTTM? :amazed: It reminds me of the Classic Q Natasha. I find myself taking out my Classic Q for more formal situations and PTTM for more laid back outings. I do love all the pockets in PTTM though, which is why I keep going back to it as my everyday bag...

Yes, it does hold more because I just switched my stuff over to it and it does hold more things and securely too, without fear that they'll fall out. The magnet on the Ukita is strong. It is a lot like the classic q Natasha, and I think they hold about the same amount. But the difference is the carrying options. That's why I prefer the Ukita, because I feel it's easier to hold onto it no matter what the situation, during the day while running after kids, out and about, etc....

After trying it out around the house tonight, I think I'm keeping both! The colors/styles are similar, but I really love them both and I know I'll use them equally. The pttm for casual outfits, and the Ukita for dressier clothes :smile:

Yay, I figured out how to post my first picture! Finally! Better late then never...

Left is my Newsprint PTTM Natasha, in a beautiful lamb's leather :hbeat:
Right is my new Lil Ukita in Faded Aluminum :smile:

Attachments

• DSC03313 copy1.jpg
    DSC03313 copy1.jpg
    424.2 KB · Views: 2,337
Yes, it does hold more because I just switched my stuff over to it and it does hold more things and securely too, without fear that they'll fall out. The magnet on the Ukita is strong. It is a lot like the classic q Natasha, and I think they hold about the same amount. But the difference is the carrying options. That's why I prefer the Ukita, because I feel it's easier to hold onto it no matter what the situation, during the day while running after kids, out and about, etc....

After trying it out around the house tonight, I think I'm keeping both! The colors/styles are similar, but I really love them both and I know I'll use them equally. The pttm for casual outfits, and the Ukita for dressier clothes :smile:

Yay! Glad to hear you're keep both! Both are beautiful bags! Yes they do look very similar in color, but it's a good color that can easily be paired with almost anything. :smile:

Glad you decided to keep both!!
If you ever decide to sell one, I would sell the ukita. Just because, the PTTM Natasha is much more special IMHO. But for now: yay for keeping both ;):smile:

I really think you made the right decision. Although they are similar I think they are different enough to warrant keeping both. The PTTM is purely a crossbody and might hang better that way, where as, the ukita is going to be great over the shoulder and crossbody if you need it. THey look so different to me because of the plaque on one and the birds on the other. Good decision and congrats on the beautiful bags :smile:

I've never seen the Ukita in person but I have seen the Natasha. The girl had the straps doubled through and was using it as a shoulder bag. Very laid back. Had never thought of the Natasha as I wouldn't get much use out of a cross body that large but now that I've seen it used as a shoulder bag it's next on my wish list!!!!!

Yup, I tried the Natasha with the straps doubled through, and it does work well like that too. But my preference is to have the options available at all times, without having to stop and switch the straps out, if that makes sense. That's partly why I fell in love with the Ukita. I've been enjoying her today, while going to visit my mom's and going to the grocery store as well. I can fit everything I had in the Natasha yesterday, as well as a diaper and even my daughter's skirt folded up fit in there! (I brought it to my mom to sew up, as it had a tear in it.)
@hollieplus2 - I hope you get the Natasha soon, it is a very gorgeous bag!