Factory Bag considered a Fake Bag!!

Scooch

Proud Handbag Addict
O.G.
Dec 31, 2007
OK girls, need your opinion.... Me and the DH went to dinner last night with his best friend Eric and Eric's new girlfriend! We met at the restarant near our house. I notice her Carly and comment on it... "Nice Bag". She says "thanks" and looks at mine... She said oohh an Ali, where did you get that?" I said at the outlet in AC, New Jersey she said can I see it I said sure. She said it's really light (its signature) I said yea thats why I picked the factory version, it's lightweight and it was 50 % off plus 20% off so I got it for like $150.00. She said, Oh, I won't buy the factory bags because it's just like buying a fake! :wtf: WHAT!?!?!?! I said no it's not, Coach makes them in the same place they make there other bags. So we finish dinner and she proceeds to pull out her fake LV wallet! :tdown: By the time we left I was dizzy! My husband said to me in the car... I don't think she 's gonna last and I said why, he said because Eric likes them smarter than that...I said ME Too!!! Do you think factory bags are the same as carrying a fake? Just want your opinions!

Last edited:
ABSOLUTELY NOT.... Just as you said, the Factory Bags are MADE by COACH... Sold by COACH.....

Fakes are made by others, trying to rip-off the COACH name..

Eric's GF is just plain STUPID.... at least IMHO.....

I don't see how buying factory is like buying fake, she might be trying to make herself feel better by paying full price for her bag. There are certain styles that are exclusive to the factory and they are nice and durable and you can get awesome deals. Wear your Ali with pride!

Some of the factory bags I have noticed have thinner material, but I would definitely not call them fake bags! I buy from the outlet a lot, its not like I'm buying from a kiosk where they sell fake designer bags! I would've been sooooo PO'd if someone said that to me!! You should've asked her where she got her wallet...LOL

Eric sure knows how to pick them huh? Funny that she criticizes you over a bag that isn't by any means fake and then pulls out a fake LV wallet. I think I would have slapped her upside the head with my REAL Coach bag!:bagslap:

Last edited:
ifI actually did ask her where she got her wallet... she said it was a gift from her Ex boyfriend. LOL! Thanks for the opinions girls!

Some of the factory bags are cute. Alot of people missed out on the Ali the first time around and don't want to do ebay. I don't consider factory made bags fake. I think Eric's gf is fake. She prolly just trying to make herself look good. I bought a factory small navy ergo hobo for $50 last week. If someone try to compare it to a fake...I'd beat them with it.:bagslap: