Facials?

amymarie

Oct 6, 2008
I got my first facial today and it was nice and my face feels great now. But I have heard that you get extractions done in facials but she did not do any... do all facials get extractions or just special ones? Mine was the basic euro facial (1 hr).

I have had 3-4 facials in my lifetime, I believe all with different aestheticians - and only in 1 did an extraction - I had a small blackhead near my lip line that was invisible to the naked eye. I think it depends on who is doing the facial. Maybe if you want extraction or if you want him/her to look for anything to extract, as him/her before the session and see what they say.

I used to have facials every few months over the past 10 years or so, but have only been having them about three times a year lately - I've had three different aestheticians (sp?) and they all did extractions, but mainly because I needed them. Just as Janeen explained, when they look at your skin under that super-duper magnifier they have, they see things we cannot see with the naked eye - so if you need extractions for blackheads, or because your pores are "congested", they usually extract. It's slight trauma to the skin, so I don't think they do it unless necessary.

They feel great, don't they? I did hate the extraction part, but it was usually short-lived...I finally asked my aesthetician to show me how to do them properly, which she did, and I have done them on my own from then on. But facials at a salon are a necessary iindulgence!!

been going to get facials for almost 20 yrs. mine always does extractions, b/c I feel that unless they get rid of the blackheads, it'll just continue to build up, like layers in the grand canyon...and eventually, it'll be so deep that they can only get rid of the dirt superficially, and will only damage the deeper layers to try to clean to the original bottom.

Yeah I had a back facial once and she did a lot of extractions.....but with this facial at a diff place, she did not and I know I do have blackheads! Thats too bad she didn't do any or even look under the magnifier.

omg ive never had a facial, but this sounds too good to be true! so someone "extracts" your blackheads? i have so many small ones on my nose. i hate talking about it! lol not visible unless under the magnifier, but i see them!!!! i would if after the facial you are red and swollen from them "extracting" things from your face?

I just went on Saturday morning for one, and he told me that he would do some extractions. But after the whole cleansing and exfoliation, he didn't extract as much as I had expected which is good I suppose. But it does depend on what kind of facial and sometimes you do have to ask about it.

I was red for a bit but not for long after the facial. And I have sensitive skin so I don't think you would be too red. But I was warned that I may break out afterwards because the body is not used to the cleansing. But so far so good. . . *knock on wood*

I go for facial regularly for the past 15 years, like once a month. They always do extractions, even with different person. It's more of the indulgence because they massage my face and upper shoulder as well. It's very relaxing and I always dozed off during facial.

i've been meaning to go get a professional facial done. lord knows what they'll say about my skin! but do the extractions hurt? or is it just discomfort? i feel like i really really need it!

omg ive never had a facial, but this sounds too good to be true! so someone "extracts" your blackheads? i have so many small ones on my nose. i hate talking about it! lol not visible unless under the magnifier, but i see them!!!! i would if after the facial you are red and swollen from them "extracting" things from your face?

it depends on your skin and whos doing the extractions. sometimes im red and blotchy after a facial with extractions, sometimes my skin is glowing the next day. even if your red and blotchy, it goes away quick, then the glow comes ;)

The facials I've gotten include extractions. But then I get a lot of blackheads around my nose and chin so it's good that those are being taken out by professionals.

I think the extractions are relatively painless compared to waxing.