Facials?

The extraction does hurt a little but it is very worth it. You feel so refreshed and relaxed, so enjoy yourself and don't worry about anything while you're there. Have fun Claire! :flowers:

Aw, it doesn't take very long, so it'll be over quick. If you really can't stand it, you can always tell them to skip it. If you really want to splurge, try getting a facial at a full-service spa. You'll be so relaxed you won't even feel it. Hee hee.

Hi, I've been doing facials( Esthetician) for over 20 years and I never have anyone swell up! The extractions should only be done after steam or hot towels and done GENTLY. Sometimes the pores are not ready,depending on your skin type.
I always ask my clients if I am hurting them and reduce the pressure. Not every pore should be extracted the first time. It's a gradual process that involves good skin care products at home.
They should use High Fequency afterwards to kill the bacteria and reduce the redness. I also use an LED light on the skin and they rarely are red at all!
Make sure they have sterilzer for tools and make sure towels are clean and sponges are disposable( as they can harbor bacteria)
Good Luck!

Just tell them if you are allergic to anything. (Ex: I'm allergic to musik, lavender and camphor. (All are in lots of products.)

Tell them not to use anything with mineral oil or petro-anything.

Bring your own nail polish so you can do touch ups.

You should be fine. $75! What a treat!

i like extractions done by hand rather than the machine
i don't know what you prefer...
if you have sensitive skin, you should tell them beforehand, or if you're allergic to any products/ingredients.

it's hard to know what's a good facial until you've done 4 or 5 of them so you can compare them... i would just try different places and note what you liked and what you didn't.

Question about the extractions: Do they just gently squeeze with their fingers or do they actually have a tool?

I recently went to my first facial (at a reputable Asian place) that my friend introduced me to. It was $50 for a 2 hour session. The thing is they didn't even ask me about my skin...they just jumped right in and started massaging a bunch of products onto my face. When it came time to do the extractions, I felt her squeezing with her thumb (it didn't hurt at all and I wasn't red afterward). Is this wrong??