facial products

I'm sooo not brand loyal... So here's my list:

AM

1) Murad Essential C Cleanser (normally)
2) Murad AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser (1-2x/week)
3) Estee Lauder Future Perfect Cream SPF 15
4) Estee Lauder Daywear for Eyes SPF 15
5) Becca stick foundation
6) Whatever pressed/loose powder I happen to like, usually Estee Lauder or Nars

PM
1) Cetaphil Cleanser
2) Darphin Aromavita C Cream
3) Dermadoctor Eye Balm

For zits, I either use Joey's Pure Pores or Bliss See Spots Run

helenNZ said:
hey everyone

just wondering - hopefully this is not too personal and this thread hasn't been done before... so sorry if it has! :shame:

just wondering what do you use on your face?
whats your daily routine?
do you squeeze or pop? :amazed:
what are you favourite products etc...? (this can include make up as well) ;)

I use all YonKa products, cleanser, toner, moisturizers and specialty products..masks, peels, etc. LOVE it. Kinda hard to find, usually spas carry it. It's from France. I have been using it almost a year now, and thankfully I don't have anything to pick/pop/squeeze anymore! :biggrin:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/yonka_skin_care_products.htm

For skin care I have been using Clarins products for almost 20 years. I tried many other products but other products tend to dry my skin and Clarins works best for me. For cosmetic I use different products from Chanel, Clarins, Dior, Lancome, and others..

All of my facial products are Shiseido and Dior. I don't wear any foundation or much makeup because they'll age you faster. The most I put on are some eye shadows, eye liner, and lip gloss then I'm good to go.

I'll break out sometimes when I stress and if I need to pop anything, my mom (she's an esthetician) always tells me to wash your hands first, then clean the infected area with your facial soap, use your clean fingers to pop the zit until it draws blood because that means all the dirt and bacteria are squeezed out, then clean the infected area with facial soap again. Otherwise, go to the spa and get it professionally taking care of.

For skincare, I use MD Forte products....they are amazing! It gives your skin great clarity and freshness!
I'm also considering giving "Dr. Brandt Micro- Dermabrasion in a Jar" a try, I've heard its a pretty good product too!

For makeup, I generally stick to estee lauder and clinique, but also love MAC eyeshadows.

Becareful with the proactive products. Their chemical ingredients are quite strong and tend to dry up your skin and damage it in the long run. I heard it's alright if you're planning on using such products on a temporary basis.

i use the Skincareline by Shiseido because in that line you can find day/nightcream for all skintimes and that makes it easy to change between summer and wintercream. Before that I had a pretty problamatic skin (dry with pimples) but after using it for 2 months I had the skin I always dreamed of.

Tanja said:
i use the Skincareline by Shiseido because in that line you can find day/nightcream for all skintimes and that makes it easy to change between summer and wintercream. Before that I had a pretty problamatic skin (dry with pimples) but after using it for 2 months I had the skin I always dreamed of.

Hey, I use their Skincare line too!! It works great! :amuse:

Irissy said:
Becareful with the proactive products. Their chemical ingredients are quite strong and tend to dry up your skin and damage it in the long run. I heard it's alright if you're planning on using such products on a temporary basis.

whoa i didn't know that. i always use a really good moisturizer...

I tried ProActiv (I've tried everything). It was drying and somewhat ineffective. I also had to haggle with the SA on the phone to cancel my "membership" with them, which was unseemly.

I love Cetaphil as a mild cleanser.

I use Kiehl's mild cleanser at night and the herbal blue moisturizer overnight.

In the morning I use a clay cleanser by Dermalogica. The Kiehl's clay one was a little too drying.

Irissy said:
All of my facial products are Shiseido and Dior. I don't wear any foundation or much makeup because they'll age you faster. The most I put on are some eye shadows, eye liner, and lip gloss then I'm good to go.

I'll break out sometimes when I stress and if I need to pop anything, my mom (she's an esthetician) always tells me to wash your hands first, then clean the infected area with your facial soap, use your clean fingers to pop the zit until it draws blood because that means all the dirt and bacteria are squeezed out, then clean the infected area with facial soap again. Otherwise, go to the spa and get it professionally taking care of.

This has caught my eye....I heard the opposite, that foundation protects your face by placing a barrier between your skin and the free radicals, pollution, etc., in the air.

I need to research this. :oh: