Facial contouring recovery

lovelypeach

Lovely peach (재미없어)
Nov 29, 2016
Hi there!
For those who had facial contouring surgery, can you tell me in how much time you could:
- switch from liquid diet to soft food?
- eat normally?
- chew on hard food?
- feel numbness going away?

Thanks a lot! :smile:

Hey, I have my first 7 days of recovery up on my blog: http://trini707.blogspot.kr/
I talked a bit about facial numbness on day 4 post-surgery.
I'm 16 days post-op and I ate soft food by day 7, hard food by day 10. I can only really chew with my front teeth, not my molars.
Numbness is already bearable and going away. ^^

Hey, I have my first 7 days of recovery up on my blog: http://trini707.blogspot.kr/
I'm 16 days post-op and I ate soft food by day 7, hard food by day 10. I can only really chew with my front teeth, not my molars.
The link doesn't seem to be working, it says the post/blog has been deleted.

I knew you had a blog, I thought you were familiar haha
Indeed your link is not working unfortunately :sad:
Thanks for sharing though! :smile:

I was properly informed on what to expect so I'll give you the official notes.

1- Six days on Liquid Diet before moving to Porridge
2- Eat normal after a month or so, depends on logic. Go as how you feel, your body will tell you a-lot
3- Numbness is expect to persist for 6 months (with weird sensation from day 1 Post Op onwards)

I've also read on the internet that the skin will start to itch, shooting pains (all Bearable) because it's healing and those nerves are also regenerating.

One thing I should tell you is to be prepared for the first 24 Hours to be very uncomfortable, your throat will be very dry from the general anaesthesia and the post op care in Seoul is quite different (and you will have avoid water for the 6 hours post-op / I swear my throat was so dry that they were sticking together!).

Please make sure that someone speaks your language is available when you wait up to help you with what you need. If I didn't make the request, I wouldn't had someone make avail to me after surgery which would had been a disaster.

The moment I woke up from the surgery, my throat was dry as a camel's arse in a desert storm. It's beyond uncomfortable, it's practically torture. I tried drinking water but threw up most of it. So after spending almost a whole day with very little water intake, I got the staff to buy soya bean milk. And I down 2 bottles at one go. I didn't think I can drink soya bean milk at such rapid pace.

Don't forget, you cannot wash your mouth nor brush your teeth, so if you have solid food too soon, your mouth will stink so bad.

The first few days are pretty tough mostly because of dry throat. In the first week or so, you can only eat liquid food because of pain and no draw strength. After 2 ~ 3 weeks, the bloat on your face will drastically reduce compared to right after surgery but still quit visible. After 1 or 2 months, your face will look more normal but on the "chubby" side. From 3~6 months, you will basically recover back to normal.

I feel like my experience is really different compared to everyone else's [emoji28] I was thirsty but my throat was alright when I first woke up, the 2 hour wait for water was fairly bearable. I only threw up a little bit on the first night once. The first 2 days were tough for me, but I could walk around the guesthouse by day 3. Numbing and tingling appeared only on day 3 but after a few days it got better and I have most of my sensation back. I felt weak until day 7 when I could finally eat porridge. I didn't really start feeling hungry until day 7 tbh, so the water + soya milk diet was okay for me.

I'm on week 3 and the swelling has reduced significantly, to the point where my classmates can't tell I had surgery but feel my face got smaller/more symmetrical. Even on week 2, my face was chubby but I looked normal in photos taken of me- I put them up on Instagram haha. I'm not the type of person to recover quickly or anything. I'll post week 3 pictures on my blog soon ^^

Right now I basically eat what I want, except it takes me a lot longer to cut everything into small pieces. I avoid chewy things and can't really bite anything off a stick [emoji23]

Following on from what @cleftmale said, it would be better to have someone who can speak English with you right after the surgery. I had both my consultant and translator with me when I woke up to until 2 hours after and all the nurses could speak english ^^ not that you'll be able to speak a lot after FC surgery anyway [emoji21] but it's very reassuring to have somewhere there in case.

Yes. Although you will sleep at night but there are potential problems more commonly associated with general anaesthesia, the IV fluid going into the body so fast that you will want to go to toilet often even tho the throat is dry. Having someone next to you whom can speak your language will make it much more comfortable for you.

The clinic will provide food supplies for you for facial contouring (like myself and most of the other girls I see here describing their experience). It will be good if you can go to the local Pharmacy and buy some nutrition drinks (You will more likely know ENSURE Meal Replacement) and the Korean version is Dr. Chung's Food.

Google for dr chung's food greenbia (Greenbia is their Meal Replacement line) and will provide you with the vitamins & nutrients you will so need after surgery. Or you can buy ENSURE and bring to korea like I did.