Facial and threading

bnjj

Jovi Junkie
O.G.
Apr 20, 2007
Bon Jovi Blvd.
I had my monthly facial last night and had a peel with it. It was heavenly as ever (l really look forward to these each month).

Last week I had a pedicure and decided to get my eyebrows threaded while I was there. A recent thread here talked about how much threading hurts so I did not know what to expect but I didn't find that it hurt much at all. I will continue to get my eyebrows threaded from now on rather than waxing.

Veelyn

I'M BACK :)
Oct 16, 2007
Fangtasia
Oh. It said waxed at first so I was confused. lol.

To me threading hurt really bad but the results were amazing. I will most def thread from now on too.

rbaby

Insufficient Funds
O.G.
Aug 20, 2007
Asking for a credit increase
I really love threading too. I used to break out in a small case of hives from the wax. Also, the shape you can achieve from threading is amazing.

My esthetician said you should get a facial every 4-6 weeks, but I don't. I go every six months. Is it really worth it to go every month? Are the results that much better? Also, I usually get a pimple or two a few days after the facial... I wouldn't want to put up with that "extra" break out every four weeks.

bnjj

Jovi Junkie
O.G.
Apr 20, 2007
Bon Jovi Blvd.
I don't break out ever as a rule and certainly not from having a facial. I go as much for the relaxation aspect as I do for the benefits to my skin.

monablu

Dream Catcher
Mar 25, 2006
Hollywood, CA
I really love threading too. I used to break out in a small case of hives from the wax. Also, the shape you can achieve from threading is amazing.

My esthetician said you should get a facial every 4-6 weeks, but I don't. I go every six months. Is it really worth it to go every month? Are the results that much better? Also, I usually get a pimple or two a few days after the facial... I wouldn't want to put up with that "extra" break out every four weeks.
in my 20's I used to get a facial every year or so. in my early 30's I got a facial whenever i remembered, which would be around every 6 - 9 months or so. now as I near 40, I get one every 4-6 weeks but only during the spring months - so like 5 facials all in one half year, and then the rest of the year i do my injections like juvederm.botox/restalyn/photofacials because you can't really get a good facial when your dealing with injectibles...hope that makes sense LOL:wlae:

monablu

Dream Catcher
Mar 25, 2006
Hollywood, CA

you might be having a reaction to the treatment if your breaking out after a facial - ask your esthetician if they can note on your card which products are used so that you can have some continuity and minimize breakouts. also if they overdo the extraction process it could cause a breakout because your pores are exposed and get filled with enviromental stuff before they have a chance to close.

rbaby

Insufficient Funds
O.G.
Aug 20, 2007
Asking for a credit increase
^^Ahh, that makes sense. So if I go more often there should be less extractions, therefore less possibility of a breakout. I think I'll try going every three months for now. Thanks for the info!

juneping

couch potato-ing
O.G.
Jun 11, 2007
NYC
i only got my eye brows threaded recently...the lady did a great job!!!
i love facial too...but the price is quite expensive..esp after the tips