Facelift for loved and tired LVs

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I recently changed the look of my very tired and stained (vachetta trimmings) Delightful MM. I also had been using my LV shoulder strap to death. Both had seen their best days.

I then went into full recovery mode and have spent hours carefully cleaning, dying and coating the leather parts. I also hand painted the mexican skull on the front.

My delightful has gone through a full facelift. Not only have I brought her back to life, I have a very unique Delightful on my shoulder now.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1468777856.038049.jpg
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1468777900.310605.jpg
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1468777925.892415.jpg
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1468777964.276467.jpg

Flossy72, LVk8, Mariapia and 16 others like this.
  2. I like it

3. Wow, I really like the skull! Well done, congrats!

4. I love the new look! My OM Delightful's vachetta is still a light honey colour but this is definitely something to consider many years down the road when the leather has one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel. I have to ask though, do you find that the black dye stains your clothes and/or skin easily?

LVorDie likes this.
  5. Oh wow! She looks great! You're so talented! :tup:

6. The hand-painted skull looks amazing, you must have such a steady hand! It's a great detail that makes your bag unique

7. Wow! Great job!

8. You are very talented and enjoy your one of a kind masterpiece. I wish I had an ounce of patience or artistic skill- your bag looks so cool!

9. Looks great!

10. You're very talented and I like the color of the clasps with the black leather!

11. Nicely done!

12. Beautiful job!

13. Thank you so much for your motivating comments! I must say, it took for ages, but it was very worth while.

LVorDie likes this.
  14. Amazing! You're a very talented artist. The bag looks wonderful. I'm happy to see you signed your one of a kind piece.

15. You're good! When I saw the skull, I'm thinking that's cool. When I read that you painted it yourself...amazing! This is totally awesome! Congrats on breathing new life into the bag!