Facelift at Wannabe

Orchidca

Nov 29, 2015
I came back from Korea after having the facelift done at Wannabe Clinic. Since nobody yet having any report about this subject, which I think necessary for some people, and also express my appreciation to some members who were really nice to contribute information about plastic surgery in Korea, especially to (Kcouture, MaiQ, who were giving a lot of useful information), I decide to add a little of my experience about the trip to everybody.

I left California on 2/28/16 and arrived to Korea on 3/1/16. I missed my plane (stupid me), so I missed two appointments that I set up in advance for my facelift consultation at "Dream, and The Line" on 2/29/16. Nothing I could do so I though maybe I would see them sometimes later.

So on 3/2/16, I had four appointments with different clinics. I started out at "View". I planted to have facelift, and nose tip this time. I have one time nose implant before, look ok, but I would like to have the tip since I don't have it. I met the translator, filled out the form, then met coordinator to discuss some ideas of what it would be the procedures to be done on my face. I told them my face is sagging down, same with my eye. The coordinator suggested lifting my face up, and putting implants under the cheek to make it straight. I felt funny with that idea, that might work for somebody who has thin cheek, but me, it thick already, and I wanted to straight up, suck out some fat, was not intend to make it fuller, I think she just wanted to sell some more businesses. Anyway, then I met the doctors, the first one for facelift, sorry I don't remember his name and face, it was quick, and he quickly agreed that my face need to have full facelift, but not mentioned anything about forehead lift (made me not impress), then the second doctor was Dr. Kim Taek Kyun for nose tip and eye (dropping), he suggested to harvest the bone from ears to support for the tip, not doing ultra soft silicon at all. It is ok to me because I don't expected them to do that, just the first consultation, so I could ask other clinics later. Interesting that he did not say anything about my concerning eyes. When I asked him, he said he would not do anything about it since it just the thickness of my skin pull down the eyes, not necessary to do it now. I was frustrated. After that, the coordinator asked me how I feel about the consultation, and she showed me the list of procedures including prices, and told me the price could be negotiated. I told her that I am not happy with the consulting at all, the doctors were not clear enough to target my problems. She said if I want, they still can arranged another meeting with the doctors for more discussing (nice), but I already having the bad feeling about the doctors, and I had the next appointment coming up. I told her I have to go for the next appointment, she immediately showed a frustrated, and the translator told me they will keep me informed and see if I would like to come back. I said thank you and told them if I feel to come back, I would contact them, then left.

My next appointment was with "Wannabe", but I saw "Girin", my third appointment of that day, just couple floors down at the same building with "View", so I decided to pay them a visit, if I could meet their doctors at that time, I don't have to come back later. Every clinic seems nice to me, just bigger or smaller, so I will not mention much about the look. At Girin, I told the translator that I knew it is not my appointment time yet, but since I am there already, can I see the doctors at that time? The translator after found out, came out and told me the doctors are not available yet, and asked me to come back at 3pm at the appointment time. So I thanks her and left.

I took the taxi to go to "Wannabe", something about the taxi that I would like to mention here. Most of them not young, and don't speak English. I was not paying attention from somebody's advised that " WE NEED TO WRITE THE ADDRESSES IN ENGLISH AND KOREA LANGUAGES ", because if the taxi drivers don't know English, they cannot understand and cannot find the places. I had that problem a few times, so I took the clinic business cards after visiting, if I need to come back, it would be easier.

At "Wannabe", I met two doctors, the first one was doctor Jang Chui Ho who talked to me about facelift, helping with translating was one of a nurse inside the clinic. Doctor Jang was good, he spoke English, and he listened to my concerns. About my drooping eyes, I told him they were sagging and containing fat, which made my eyes heavy, ugly, and smaller. My face was puffy, appearing the lines on cheeks, I was wonder if the cheeks would need to have a little lipo before lifting them up. His answer was: for my eyes, the distance between the eyes (I had double eyelids surgery long time before) and the eyebrows is too far, if he lift the forehead, my eyes would look like goo-goo, so he would fix the eyelid to be smaller. From that, my eyes would look normal after the forehead lift. The cheeks were not need to have lipo because they need to have some fat reserved between muscle and skin for protection. The forehead when lift up would be hold by couple pinches, and they would dissolved later after couple years, but the lift will stay, For Facelift, it would be the full lift, and the scar would stretch from side burn, down surrounding the ears to the other sides of them, it would help to lift some part of the neck too. Also, my chin was uneven, he suggested to have little fill at the end to even that.
I felt good with doctor Jang after talking to him. Then I see the next doctor for nose (Doctor Cha Myung Kyu). I expressed to him that I would like to have a tip for my nose and higher the top part between my eyes, he touched my nose to fill the plastic implant that I have, and suggested to harvest bone from the body to support for the tip, and checked how thickness of skin on the tip area to see if can be drag down for the tip, and also he liked to lower the top of my nose to make the shape look nicer. I refused it because I prefer the top to be higher. At the end, I told him do the best he could to fix the nose, as long as the top not lower and the tip would not pointing out at last. And It is the second one who do not do the ultra soft silicon.
And then, the coordinator started to talk to me about the prices. When we just about agreed with it, the translator informed me that I cannot having the nose done at this time because with the forehead lift, my skin will pull upward, and nose tip will pull the skin downward, it would be impossible to stretch the skin to two opposite ways at the same time. So we have to take off the nose price. I knew the coordinator was not lower the price much because she saw I was please with the consultation, seemed like I was quoted a little more than I expect (for eyes fix, full facelift, and fill up a little on one size of my chin), but I accepted that since I know is not an easy procedure, and I trusted doctor Jang.
Then I was required to put a million won for depositing. I didn't have enough, so the translator asked me to change more korea money from the bank downstair. Unfortunately, there were no people managing that little bank, only the machines. I decided to take a walk to find another one, suddenly, I saw "Dream" clinic across the street. Since "Dream" was a first one on my list due to the reported of Kcouture, I stopped by at "Dream", told them that I apologized for not showing up at the appointment due to missed the plane, and asked if I could have a consultation at that time. The translator after asking me to wait for a while, told me to come back the next day. I was fine with that and left.
Also, I received couple text messages from "View", asked me if I would like to go back. At that point, even just the first day seeing clinics, but running around between those, spending the time talking, I felt a little tired. I know that I should see more different clinics to get more experiences, but I stopped there, and made up my mind with "Wannabe". Beside that, I was impressed through the conversation with doctor Jang, so why bother to look for more. I came back to "Wannabe" after 5pm, told them I couldn't find the bank near by, and couldn't give them enough money for deposit, but I had cash, after the coordinator saw the cash, she decide to take whatever I had at that time for the deposit (850,000 won), found the exchanged rate on that day, and give me the total in dollars so I just need to pay them the rest on next day for surgery. They wanted to schedule me five days later because doctor Yang had to go to China for the conference. I told them I cannot wait that long because I only have couple weeks in Korea. They had to arrange to surgery on me on the next day. Doctor Jang came back for my post care questions, he told me I needed to come back the first three times right after the surgery for exchanging the bandage, then every other days after that for treatment before I left Korea. Sound pretty good. I paid the deposit, then left, also was told not to eat or drink 8 hours before the surgery.

I have to break this post by two times. Read the next post after this.

Next day, I came at 9am. Big day. Felt a little bit nervous. Paid for the remaining. Change the clothes. See doctor Jang for going over the whole procedure again. He draw all the lines needed on my face. Told me I needed to be awake when he fixed my eyes because that was important for him to make it right and even. He would made the filling on my chin later, the swelling will go from top to bottom, and asked me if I have anymore questions ? I told him I don't think of any questions at that time, told him I trusted him and please do his best for my face. He smiled. To me, doctor Jang is a nice person, and through the time talking to him, I could feel the honest in his character. I prayed for the whole thing, and followed the nurse (whose also a good translator) to the operating room.

There were several nurses in the operating room, they have two consecutive rooms for surgery, and they occupy one story of the building. About a medium size clinic, some beauty girls working at the front desk. Nice and neat to me.

The nurse after checking my pulse, put a needle in my hand, told me I had a high blood pressure, and didn't know if it good enough for the surgery. I knew that because the whole month before leaving for Korea, I was sick, and I had try to cure myself for the trip with a lot of flu medicine daily, and every time like that, my blood pressure increase. My thought at that time, great, why didn't I have a blood test before ? It was nothing in my hand that I can do of, just leave it to the expert, and pray.

The doctor came, and I didn't know what the conversation in Korea language was, but the doctor started to work on my eyes. It was really scare as I had to be awake for the eyes part, but I put up with that, open and close the eyes whenever doctor Jang needed. It only took 20 - 25', then I was knock out. I was dreaming for the very bright color surrounding me, then I heard some voices, then the voices became more clear, finally, the translator nurse calling my name, I woke up, thanks God very much for giving me the safe trip and came back to the reality. And also thanks doctor Jang for his skillful to finish the surgery on me safety.

I was totally no energy to get up at all, but I had to force myself to stand up, the translator nurse was always with me, couple of them took me to the guest room. One of them assigned to take care of me that night. She was with me for the first couple hours, gave me medicine for pain and antibiotic, water, asking me if I need to eat something, very kind and soft little girl. I told her I just need some rest, and felt pretty heavy on the face, very exhausted. She left. A few hours later, I started to feel some pain, seemed like nobody around, I tried to go to my lock to get the reduction swollen pill I brought with me (thanks MaiQ for that information), so the pill help me go through the pain until next morning.

When the nurse came back, she gave me some pills, something that I should eat. I didn't feel to eat anything, just need water, then she brought me some instant beef porridge. I tried couple spoons, tasty, but that was all I could eat.

Then they took me back to the operating room, the nurse opened the bandage, another doctor who stayed back at the clinic came and checked on the wound. He made couple stitches, told me it look good, and the nurses changed the bandage, gave me several bags of pumpkin juice, medicine intake for several days, pads for eyes and face to use daily for healing the wound, told me to use them as the cold condition at the first couple days, then hot after that for helping reduction swollen tissue. And the translator nurse (she was with me every time I came to the clinic), help to buy some chicken can soup for me, then help me to call the taxi, told the taxe where to take me to. I was really in touch. And I learned later it took 8 hours for my surgery, from 10am to 6pm.

When I came back to the guest house, I just vomited any beef porridge I had earlier, took some sleep. Later on of the day, felt a little hungry, so the protein powder I brought with me come into action. It was really help to feel better. So for the next couple days, the swollen flared up. I was told try to walk everyday for better recover. Next day, had to come back for exchanging the bandage, using the business card of the clinic, show taxi where to go, with the Korea language on the card, it became easier for the taxi to find the place. I tried to walk a little bit at first couple days, then more after that, and tried to eat some porridge first, regained the energy day by day. Then after first three days, the bandage off at day 5, I came back every other days for hair wash, treatment with LCD light, and the face massage. Every time, the translator nurse gave me several bags of pumpkin juice when I asked, until I left, totally couple weeks with them. Very nice and impressive post/op care. Doctor Jang came back at my fourth time visiting the clinic, and he checked up on me every time until I left.

Here is the result, my eyes open more than before with the lift, and also look pretty with the revision, no goo-goo at all. The face still swollen so I don't know the final result yet, but I can tell the skin is getting tight. I don't feel the exceed skin like before, good stretching technique, very natural. The swollen is subside slowly day by day, until now, a month and couple weeks after the surgery, I start to see my face looks nicer, younger, sharper, even it is still swollen on the cheeks. Even I don't know how much younger I would be at the end, still I am very happy with the result, with Doctor Jang and the translator nurse (I have to look for her name and provide that later), with the people at the clinic as well. Great listening, and great skill of the doctor, and great care for patient afterward. They don't ask me to promote anything for them. I just contribute my little experiment about the good clinic that I had been through.

It was a good experience to Korea trip this time, even it was hassle which derived from different languages. I am glad that I was study about Korea plastic surgery, and decide to try for it. I would come back for other surgery when the opportunity come.

Some other thought:
- At downtown, I cannot believe there are so many plastic surgery clinics gather close to each other like that. And I learn they promote their particular business a lot in China too. Some of the doctors have been trained in America. With these three factors, from the higher competitions, the more practices from other nations and even from their own people, the high training techniques, the focusing on performing only a particular parts of the body from each doctor, plus the intelligent of Korea people. There is no surprise why it is getting blooming of plastic surgery over there.

Thanks again Kcouture, MaiQ, and any other members of this forum who are truly contribute their experiences on this beauty business for everybody to know. This would help a lot of people feel better, feel more confident about themselves, and feel happier to live their lives. Just be careful to choose the doctors.

I will not review my pictures because I just simple not want to public my image. For the price, it definitely cheaper than America. I just don't feel to review it due to the benefit for the clinic. And I definitely not a promotion to anybody. Due to my workload, I am not be able to answer any questions, and I am sorry for that. Just hope with my little contribution, it might help somebody who needs these experiences.

Hihihi Im glad you are liking your results! I remembered when I did my face lift I was so weak. Just as weak as when I did my jaw surgery which I didnt expect.

Anyways what type of facelift did you do? Mine was a concentric malar lift.

Hi K Couture

I had a SMAS facelift. I was very weak after this surgery. For the first three days, I tried to sleep more, got a little walk, and slowly ate some protein start with porridge. The cold weather on March help more for sleeping.

Good to hear from you. Take care.

I came back from Korea after having the facelift done at Wannabe Clinic. Since nobody yet having any report about this subject, which I think necessary for some people, and also express my appreciation to some members who were really nice to contribute information about plastic surgery in Korea, especially to (Kcouture, MaiQ, who were giving a lot of useful information), I decide to add a little of my experience about the trip to everybody.

I left California on 2/28/16 and arrived to Korea on 3/1/16. I missed my plane (stupid me), so I missed two appointments that I set up in advance for my facelift consultation at "Dream, and The Line" on 2/29/16. Nothing I could do so I though maybe I would see them sometimes later.

So on 3/2/16, I had four appointments with different clinics. I started out at "View". I planted to have facelift, and nose tip this time. I have one time nose implant before, look ok, but I would like to have the tip since I don't have it. I met the translator, filled out the form, then met coordinator to discuss some ideas of what it would be the procedures to be done on my face. I told them my face is sagging down, same with my eye. The coordinator suggested lifting my face up, and putting implants under the cheek to make it straight. I felt funny with that idea, that might work for somebody who has thin cheek, but me, it thick already, and I wanted to straight up, suck out some fat, was not intend to make it fuller, I think she just wanted to sell some more businesses. Anyway, then I met the doctors, the first one for facelift, sorry I don't remember his name and face, it was quick, and he quickly agreed that my face need to have full facelift, but not mentioned anything about forehead lift (made me not impress), then the second doctor was Dr. Kim Taek Kyun for nose tip and eye (dropping), he suggested to harvest the bone from ears to support for the tip, not doing ultra soft silicon at all. It is ok to me because I don't expected them to do that, just the first consultation, so I could ask other clinics later. Interesting that he did not say anything about my concerning eyes. When I asked him, he said he would not do anything about it since it just the thickness of my skin pull down the eyes, not necessary to do it now. I was frustrated. After that, the coordinator asked me how I feel about the consultation, and she showed me the list of procedures including prices, and told me the price could be negotiated. I told her that I am not happy with the consulting at all, the doctors were not clear enough to target my problems. She said if I want, they still can arranged another meeting with the doctors for more discussing (nice), but I already having the bad feeling about the doctors, and I had the next appointment coming up. I told her I have to go for the next appointment, she immediately showed a frustrated, and the translator told me they will keep me informed and see if I would like to come back. I said thank you and told them if I feel to come back, I would contact them, then left.

My next appointment was with "Wannabe", but I saw "Girin", my third appointment of that day, just couple floors down at the same building with "View", so I decided to pay them a visit, if I could meet their doctors at that time, I don't have to come back later. Every clinic seems nice to me, just bigger or smaller, so I will not mention much about the look. At Girin, I told the translator that I knew it is not my appointment time yet, but since I am there already, can I see the doctors at that time? The translator after found out, came out and told me the doctors are not available yet, and asked me to come back at 3pm at the appointment time. So I thanks her and left.

I took the taxi to go to "Wannabe", something about the taxi that I would like to mention here. Most of them not young, and don't speak English. I was not paying attention from somebody's advised that " WE NEED TO WRITE THE ADDRESSES IN ENGLISH AND KOREA LANGUAGES ", because if the taxi drivers don't know English, they cannot understand and cannot find the places. I had that problem a few times, so I took the clinic business cards after visiting, if I need to come back, it would be easier.

At "Wannabe", I met two doctors, the first one was doctor Jang Chui Ho who talked to me about facelift, helping with translating was one of a nurse inside the clinic. Doctor Jang was good, he spoke English, and he listened to my concerns. About my drooping eyes, I told him they were sagging and containing fat, which made my eyes heavy, ugly, and smaller. My face was puffy, appearing the lines on cheeks, I was wonder if the cheeks would need to have a little lipo before lifting them up. His answer was: for my eyes, the distance between the eyes (I had double eyelids surgery long time before) and the eyebrows is too far, if he lift the forehead, my eyes would look like goo-goo, so he would fix the eyelid to be smaller. From that, my eyes would look normal after the forehead lift. The cheeks were not need to have lipo because they need to have some fat reserved between muscle and skin for protection. The forehead when lift up would be hold by couple pinches, and they would dissolved later after couple years, but the lift will stay, For Facelift, it would be the full lift, and the scar would stretch from side burn, down surrounding the ears to the other sides of them, it would help to lift some part of the neck too. Also, my chin was uneven, he suggested to have little fill at the end to even that.
I felt good with doctor Jang after talking to him. Then I see the next doctor for nose (Doctor Cha Myung Kyu). I expressed to him that I would like to have a tip for my nose and higher the top part between my eyes, he touched my nose to fill the plastic implant that I have, and suggested to harvest bone from the body to support for the tip, and checked how thickness of skin on the tip area to see if can be drag down for the tip, and also he liked to lower the top of my nose to make the shape look nicer. I refused it because I prefer the top to be higher. At the end, I told him do the best he could to fix the nose, as long as the top not lower and the tip would not pointing out at last. And It is the second one who do not do the ultra soft silicon.
And then, the coordinator started to talk to me about the prices. When we just about agreed with it, the translator informed me that I cannot having the nose done at this time because with the forehead lift, my skin will pull upward, and nose tip will pull the skin downward, it would be impossible to stretch the skin to two opposite ways at the same time. So we have to take off the nose price. I knew the coordinator was not lower the price much because she saw I was please with the consultation, seemed like I was quoted a little more than I expect (for eyes fix, full facelift, and fill up a little on one size of my chin), but I accepted that since I know is not an easy procedure, and I trusted doctor Jang.
Then I was required to put a million won for depositing. I didn't have enough, so the translator asked me to change more korea money from the bank downstair. Unfortunately, there were no people managing that little bank, only the machines. I decided to take a walk to find another one, suddenly, I saw "Dream" clinic across the street. Since "Dream" was a first one on my list due to the reported of Kcouture, I stopped by at "Dream", told them that I apologized for not showing up at the appointment due to missed the plane, and asked if I could have a consultation at that time. The translator after asking me to wait for a while, told me to come back the next day. I was fine with that and left.
Also, I received couple text messages from "View", asked me if I would like to go back. At that point, even just the first day seeing clinics, but running around between those, spending the time talking, I felt a little tired. I know that I should see more different clinics to get more experiences, but I stopped there, and made up my mind with "Wannabe". Beside that, I was impressed through the conversation with doctor Jang, so why bother to look for more. I came back to "Wannabe" after 5pm, told them I couldn't find the bank near by, and couldn't give them enough money for deposit, but I had cash, after the coordinator saw the cash, she decide to take whatever I had at that time for the deposit (850,000 won), found the exchanged rate on that day, and give me the total in dollars so I just need to pay them the rest on next day for surgery. They wanted to schedule me five days later because doctor Yang had to go to China for the conference. I told them I cannot wait that long because I only have couple weeks in Korea. They had to arrange to surgery on me on the next day. Doctor Jang came back for my post care questions, he told me I needed to come back the first three times right after the surgery for exchanging the bandage, then every other days after that for treatment before I left Korea. Sound pretty good. I paid the deposit, then left, also was told not to eat or drink 8 hours before the surgery.

Hi Orchidca, how are you? :smile: Are you feeling well?

Thanks for posting about your ps trip, indeed it helps a lot, especially me who is interested in facelifts! I plan on having a macs or mini one after facial contouring, plus I save information for later in life hehe;)

May I ask why you didn't opt for a mini one? The smas was right for your age? The mini would be insufficient? How is you scar healing? The swelling? Do you know approximately how much time it would take someone to heal from a smas facelift? Any side effects you notice? Numbness, tight feeling etc..?

Also, where you able to bargain down the price?

Thanks again, please keep us updated! :smile:

Hi Everybody,

I would like to adds something on my post about my facelift surgery at "Wannabe"

- The nice nurse that helped me anytime I was at the clinic, her name is Yoojin Kim. She washed my hair, translated, took care of me, and gave me several bags of Pumpkin Juice every time I came back for post op.

- You guy don't need to use any translators at all. Every clinic, for competition, always have translators in house. A lot of young Korea people do speak English, and they willing to help. Restaurants in downtown even have English Menus too. I also learned how to use Subway to either go for check up at the clinic or visited different parts in Seoul. If you stay at the Hotel, at the front desk; or if you stay at Guesthouse, ask the owner. Most of the people use Iphone, they will show you anywhere you want to go, to eat, or to visit.

- To answer IlektraT's questions, I had SMAS because my face needed. For healing, until now after one and half month, I still have to use the hot compress a few times a day to help for healing. Yes, my face feel tight, feel numb close to the wound part, but it has subsided every day. It look normal now but I know it is still swollen. Will take 6 months for totally getting normal. I bought a small LED light to work on my face daily too.

- About the price bargaining, I just not bargained too much. I know the procedures not simple, and they quoted me reasonable price, so I just low it down a little bit. They were happy to have me ask the patient and I was happy to had the right treat, good result is important at the end. To me, it depend on what I feel about the clinic, if I see they care for patient and not ask ridiculous price, I would not bargain too much, and vice versa. Hope to answer your questions.

Reactions: dyn582
Hi Everybody,

I would like to adds something on my post about my facelift surgery at "Wannabe"

- The nice nurse that helped me anytime I was at the clinic, her name is Yoojin Kim. She washed my hair, translated, took care of me, and gave me several bags of Pumpkin Juice every time I came back for post op.

- You guy don't need to use any translators at all. Every clinic, for competition, always have translators in house. A lot of young Korea people do speak English, and they willing to help. Restaurants in downtown even have English Menus too. I also learned how to use Subway to either go for check up at the clinic or visited different parts in Seoul. If you stay at the Hotel, at the front desk; or if you stay at Guesthouse, ask the owner. Most of the people use Iphone, they will show you anywhere you want to go, to eat, or to visit.

- To answer IlektraT's questions, I had SMAS because my face needed. For healing, until now after one and half month, I still have to use the hot compress a few times a day to help for healing. Yes, my face feel tight, feel numb close to the wound part, but it has subsided every day. It look normal now but I know it is still swollen. Will take 6 months for totally getting normal. I bought a small LED light to work on my face daily too.

- About the price bargaining, I just not bargained too much. I know the procedures not simple, and they quoted me reasonable price, so I just low it down a little bit. They were happy to have me ask the patient and I was happy to had the right treat, good result is important at the end. To me, it depend on what I feel about the clinic, if I see they care for patient and not ask ridiculous price, I would not bargain too much, and vice versa. Hope to answer your questions.

Good to hear that you are recovering well. May I know how was forehead lift result - could you see/feel the fixation under the skin ? Wonder how long did you stay in Korea for the swell to subside.

Forehead lift result is good. I had a small line before, now it's gone, but the important is it help to lift up my eyes, they falled down and made my eyes smaller, heavier, and fatter before. Doctor Jang sticked two pins on my hair line to hold the skin above the forehead, and he said the pins will dissolve after two years, and the skin will keep holding up. I can feel them in my hair line.

I stayed in Korea two weeks after the surgery. Face still swollen a lot when I left, but the energy regained after four five days. I walked every day and use subway to went to the clinic every other day for treatments and other different places. I have to use my front hair to cover the face for at least two more weeks before it looks acceptable.

how is your results now? How about the scars around your ears? Have they healed nicely or very visible? I'm really interested in mini facelift but I'm very concerned with the scars...

have u seen some b/a pictures? beside the one on the website?
No I haven't seen any reviews or B/A besides their website or blog. However, I've only heard good things about them and I haven't ran into any negative reviews about them yet. I noticed they have a ton of B/A pics more than any other clinics I've looked at which makes me think they are quite popular and have alot of good results. The pictures do not look photoshopped at all. They seem very legit to me and I like how they make the nose look natural. I do wonder why there are no B/A from them at pulse. Here is their new website if you want more info on them: http://wannabe.ist-server2.com/