Facebook PET PEEVES

onegirlcreative

Daddy's Little Girl
Feb 11, 2008
after i wrote my last comment in the regular pet peeves thread, i thought about how there are so many facebook pet peeves of mine, that i thought it required its own thread.

1. when people post the most private & personal information on their wall (i.e. being wanted by the police). omg, what about discretion? :wtf:

2. when people inevitably write 15+ lines of information on their wall as if we really care. isn't that what blogs are for?

3. thousands and thousands of pictures of you and you and you traveling all over the world. isn't anything private anymore?

5. When people think they're being clever or "joining a cause" by posting the color of their bra or where they like their purse & assuming males won't catch on. Uh-huh. Okay. That also goes for people changing their profile picture in general to match a "cause".

5. When people think they're being clever or "joining a cause" by posting the color of their bra or where they like their purse & assuming males won't catch on. Uh-huh. Okay. That also goes for people changing their profile picture in general to match a "cause".

omg, totally! i guess the latest is some sort of cartoon character? really? why would you want a cartoon character for your profile pic? i don't get this. :shrugs:

oh, another one i thought of....

6. stop throwing virtual snowballs at me! i have (and will) ignore all requests to throw one back.

Two words: friend interview.

What makes it worse is that my friends love answer to answer a question with "IDK...". If you don't know what to answer with, skip the question!

ITA with #5. I just posted on my wall "how will putting a picture of a cartoon character up fight child abuse?" someones response was "to raise awareness" umm..I'm pretty sure most people are aware that child abuse exists....perhaps it would be more productive to post about signs of child abuse or how to report it.

i hate ones that are obv directed at a certain person on their fb but they dont call them out by name. if youre going to do that kind of crap just tag them in your post

ITA with #5. I just posted on my wall "how will putting a picture of a cartoon character up fight child abuse?" someones response was "to raise awareness" umm..I'm pretty sure most people are aware that child abuse exists....perhaps it would be more productive to post about signs of child abuse or how to report it.

This stuff doesn't bother me. I think that it does raise awareness, I know I don't typically think about child abuse, and I'm sure it's not in the forefront of most people's minds generally speaking. It may cause someone to donate money to a cause, volunteer time, or speak up if they're a victim/know a victim. This goes for all causes, yea, I mean, the color of the bra one was kinda lame, but it got people talking, right? I don't see the harm is having all of my friends change their photos, and I don't think I'm harming anyone by changing mine.

I think my biggest pet peeve is people who inappropriately comment on photos/a status. A good friend of mine got into a car wreck and we were all commenting on her fiancées page to have him keep up updated, etc. Out of nowhere, this girl posts about working in the insurance claim field, and how she's not surprised about parts of the accident. Um...yea, how about not posting that comment right now?

People's "notes" generally also annoy me. I don't want to be tagged for the 400th survey to fill out, nor do I care about your answers. Understandably, some notes contain pertinent information since a status can't always fit all of the information, but ones that contain surveys/people b!tching are just annoying!

Lastly, people that fall for those stupid game scams. I play a lot of the facebook games, but COME ON people, joining a group will NOT get you free in-game cash or items! :noggin: This one irritates me the most!

This stuff doesn't bother me. I think that it does raise awareness, I know I don't typically think about child abuse, and I'm sure it's not in the forefront of most people's minds generally speaking. It may cause someone to donate money to a cause, volunteer time, or speak up if they're a victim/know a victim. This goes for all causes, yea, I mean, the color of the bra one was kinda lame, but it got people talking, right? I don't see the harm is having all of my friends change their photos, and I don't think I'm harming anyone by changing mine.

I made this my picture instead, seems a little more effective IMO, but to each his/her own

childabuse.jpg

people that don't participate at all and they are the ones who requested u! Sitting back reading everything. They say things like i have a life or i'm too busy meanwhile after talking to them on the phone they can recite everything u said and who commented what! SMDH