Face Sunblock

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I tried searching but haven't found a thread specifically for face sunblocks so if there is please delete.

Anyway I am looking for a face sunblock that is affordable. Do you have any suggestions? Right now I am using Aveeno's Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer with SPF 30. Do you have other suggestions or know other products with higher SPF?

2. I find that Japan brands are affordable and work well.

3. La Roche-posay, Anthelios. I've said it before; they make THE best sunscreens.

4. #5 Feb 15, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2010
    I'm with livia in this case :biggrin:

I use my normal moisturizer and put on la roche-posay's ANTHELIOS AC SPF 30 FLUID( winter and SPF50 in the summer) after my moisturizer has "dried". the sunblock is not greasy and it's the best filter you can get on the market ( now other companies started to use it too), but it leaves your skin slitly pale which isn't a drawback for me as I am very pale:biggrin: but even in the summer it's not that white that someone could see it

oh and btw, they're affordable i think i pay something about 15€ in germany and 11€ in France for it

5. I have to mention timing, I came over to this thread to research best facial non-chemical sunscreen. This morning I threw away MDskincare sun protection SPF 30..made me break out, and I rarely break out and LA Roche-Posey Anthelois 15..went on smooth as butter but my face looked like it too. So I heard Sofina was good but I need to research it more before my purchase. I'll keep reading this thread, Thanks for the posts.

6. have you tried any dermalogica's sunscreens?

7. I have tried many brands, and the latest is the Neutrogena ultra sheer sunblock with helioplex SPF 55. It is waterproof, sweatproof, oil free, PABA free and the best thing about it is that its not greasy. It also comes in SPF 70 and 85. On ordinary working days, I use 55, but when I go to diving or do outdoor activities, I go for the 85.

8. hi pupluv,

have you tried the anthelios fluid, as far as I know only the fluid which is in a bottle you have to shake before use has the non-greasy formula.

9. ditto

10. yes, I use the extreme fluid, the 60ultra isn't available in germany so I never tried it. But actually the merxoryl is the most important factor in a sunblock for me, because it's as far as I now it's the most efficient. probably the ultra 60 will be less powdery as the extreme fluid.

Oh, forgot to warn you, the fluid looks kind of shiny on your skin for about 1 min after putting it on, and that's it :biggrin:

11. Thanks for your help ashtray-girl :flowers:

12. hands down anthelios is really the best.. wide range of various SPF & one that

many dermatologist recommend..

13. Can you buy Anthelios in grocery stores or just online? The sunscreen really works? I won't get dark? :smile: