Face moisturizer with SPF, or moisturizer PLUS sunscreen?

Thanks for all of your comments! I love seeing/reading what other people use for skincare. It looks like the consensus is that if I want to ensure sun protection, I should continue to use separate moisturizer and SPF..

I read that 1 tsp of sunscreen should be used for the face/neck (is it just me or does that seem like a crazy amount?!) so I can't imagine how much moisturizer I would need to use to actually achieve the SPF protection it supposedly has.

Also, do you ladies find any difference between the brands of sunscreen? I read in an article a while ago that there is no difference in quality between drug store/high-end..

Also, do you ladies find any difference between the brands of sunscreen? I read in an article a while ago that there is no difference in quality between drug store/high-end..
I was just watching a consumer TV series last night which blind-tested a bunch of sunscreen, and the conclusion was that a supermarket brand had better sun protection than lots of designer brands they tested. So I think as far as sun protection goes, and as long as you buy from a reputable source that meets government standards, sun protection won't vary much.

But if I use sunscreen on my face I'd probably buy something a bit more expensive and targeted for the face, more for the fact that hopefully it would have a less greasy formulation and not clog pores etc.

ETA: I thought I remembered a PurseBlog article on sunscreen not long ago. Here it is: http://www.purseblog.com/beauty/psa-dont-forget-sunscreen-memorial-day-weekend.html

Thanks for all of your comments! I love seeing/reading what other people use for skincare. It looks like the consensus is that if I want to ensure sun protection, I should continue to use separate moisturizer and SPF..

I read that 1 tsp of sunscreen should be used for the face/neck (is it just me or does that seem like a crazy amount?!) so I can't imagine how much moisturizer I would need to use to actually achieve the SPF protection it supposedly has.

I strictly use Asian brands for SPF. They've perfected the formulas long before western brands since they're more concerned about not getting sun/age/brown spots as this is the first aging sign for Asians, not wrinkles. Their attention to detail is also a distinction. Their SPF has much lighter feel and no white cast. Brand name SPF are now regulated to be kept at no more than SPF 50. Just make sure to use an oil based cleanser first at night to remove SPF along with makeup etc, then follow up with a foaming cleanser. This concept is also greatly emphasized for the Asian skincare routine.

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum mobile app

I strictly use Asian brands for SPF. They've perfected the formulas long before western brands since they're more concerned about not getting sun/age/brown spots as this is the first aging sign for Asians, not wrinkles. Their attention to detail is also a distinction. Their SPF has much lighter feel and no white cast. Brand name SPF are now regulated to be kept at no more than SPF 50. Just make sure to use an oil based cleanser first at night to remove SPF along with makeup etc, then follow up with a foaming cleanser. This concept is also greatly emphasized for the Asian skincare routine.

Which Asian brands do you use?

Which Asian brands do you use?

Recently I've started to use the clio ultra sunscreen SPF 50. Have to get it in Asian markets where they have cosmetic boutique or from eBay. I also like I hui by lg. They're all spf50. They have a whole collection of SPF products and all are makeup friendly non sticky. I'll take some pics of those later for you.

Recently I've started to use the clio ultra sunscreen SPF 50. Have to get it in Asian markets where they have cosmetic boutique or from eBay. I also like I hui by lg. They're all spf50. They have a whole collection of SPF products and all are makeup friendly non sticky. I'll take some pics of those later for you.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1401904838.951240.jpg

Thanks so much. I am trying to take better care of my skin and have heard that Asian brands are more advanced I terms of science and I was wondering if this was true. Do you usually use eBay to order?

I will buy from eBay is I can't find it online anywhere else or locally. Depending on the product sometimes eBay can be more expensive because a lot of Asian skincare come in glass bottles so are heavy to ship. You can google the item name and some websites should come out. One is I think usacosmetics? Those are good because no tax to most states. Feel free to pm me if you have more specific questions or need detailed explanations etc. I do not work for any skincare company but it's my hobby to explore different skincare and makeup brands and I've learned a lot over the years. :smile:

I will buy from eBay is I can't find it online anywhere else or locally. Depending on the product sometimes eBay can be more expensive because a lot of Asian skincare come in glass bottles so are heavy to ship. You can google the item name and some websites should come out. One is I think usacosmetics? Those are good because no tax to most states. Feel free to pm me if you have more specific questions or need detailed explanations etc. I do not work for any skincare company but it's my hobby to explore different skincare and makeup brands and I've learned a lot over the years. :smile:

Thanks! This is super helpful. :biggrin:

Thanks for the suggestions! Shipping is quite pricey to Canada, so I guess I'll try easily available sunscreens first.. Anyone have any comments about drug-store vs. high-end sunscreens?

Thanks for the suggestions! Shipping is quite pricey to Canada, so I guess I'll try easily available sunscreens first.. Anyone have any comments about drug-store vs. high-end sunscreens?

Drug store Asian ones are alright. Western ones? No. They're the worst texture and likely has very strong SPF odor. It's gross.