Face Dental Update-8 months later

Thank you so much for the review, Blasian. I always wondered the meaning behind your userid and now I know.

I have booked a consultation with TFD too. The other clinic I'm considering is JUM.
I'll just be doing a sliding genioplasty and I'm mostly worried about the nerves.

Have you regained sensation to the nerves and how long did that take?

Hey could you tell us more about Jum? Do they specialize in two jaw or facial contouring generally?
How did you get to know about them?

Thanks!

Hello, i was browsing through some reviews. JUM is located directly opposite of TFD across the road. same building as BRAUN PS quite near a starbucks. I did went for a mini consult for my friends who have a kakao JAW group. Prices are not cheap, i would say similar prices to EVERM. The doctor can speak fluent english, when we came in the front desk could not handle english speakers so the main doctor came out. i think most people are all local koreans. and yes they are maxilofacial surgeons. you can see their billboard outside their building from across the road "JUM MAXILLOFACIAL ORAL SURGEON"

hope that helps

Reactions: Yumigumi
Hello, i was browsing through some reviews. JUM is located directly opposite of TFD across the road. same building as BRAUN PS quite near a starbucks. I did went for a mini consult for my friends who have a kakao JAW group. Prices are not cheap, i would say similar prices to EVERM. The doctor can speak fluent english, when we came in the front desk could not handle english speakers so the main doctor came out. i think most people are all local koreans. and yes they are maxilofacial surgeons. you can see their billboard outside their building from across the road "JUM MAXILLOFACIAL ORAL SURGEON"

hope that helps
It does help a lot, thank you:smile:

One more thing, could you add me to that jaw kakao group? I am going to get a v-line and quick zygoma :smile:
Thank you!

Ok I came back from the consultation. In the end I didn't choose to do a sliding genioplasty. So this is just to review the consultation I had with JUM.

As mentioned the consultants are not that proficient in English or Chinese but Dr Lee can speak English quite well. They also have this laminated list as well. I only took a glance so this is what I saw, 4m for genioplasty and 8m for V-Line. I didn't quite catch the prices for 2 Jaw though.

Oh.. and also there is a 50,000 won consultation fee.

The reason why I didn't go for JUM or TFD was because I was diagnosed to have orbital dystopia which basically means one of the socket orbital of my eye is positioned at a different angle from the other. So I was recommended 2 Jaw instead due to this asymmetry. However they said if I'm only primarily concerned with the side chin profile then I can still proceed with just genioplasty.

In the end, I decided not to. My decision has not been made and I do not want to go for a genioplasty only to realise later on that I also wanted to do a 2 Jaw in the future. That's like taking double the risk of nerve injury. So it's KIV at the moment for me.

Ok I came back from the consultation. In the end I didn't choose to do a sliding genioplasty. So this is just to review the consultation I had with JUM.

As mentioned the consultants are not that proficient in English or Chinese but Dr Lee can speak English quite well. They also have this laminated list as well. I only took a glance so this is what I saw, 4m for genioplasty and 8m for V-Line. I didn't quite catch the prices for 2 Jaw though.

Oh.. and also there is a 50,000 won consultation fee.

The reason why I didn't go for JUM or TFD was because I was diagnosed to have orbital dystopia which basically means one of the socket orbital of my eye is positioned at a different angle from the other. So I was recommended 2 Jaw instead due to this asymmetry. However they said if I'm only primarily concerned with the side chin profile then I can still proceed with just genioplasty.

In the end, I decided not to. My decision has not been made and I do not want to go for a genioplasty only to realise later on that I also wanted to do a 2 Jaw in the future. That's like taking double the risk of nerve injury. So it's KIV at the moment for me.
Hi, thanks for sharing:smile:

How was your conversation with the doctor? was he informative and patient, or hurried and not informative enough? Side effects, sagging etc?
Do you know how many surgeries they do per day?
Also, if they can use dissolvable screws?

I know you mentioned a price list but did you think you could bargain down those prices?

Thanks again!!

Yes he was patient and honest. He's more of a serious type and not those hyperactive friendly surgeon. I didn't pose questions about V-line so I can't really answer your other question and I am myself ok with using non dissolvable screws so I didn't ask him that as well.

I originally scheduled my consultation at 2pm but wanted to shift the consultation to an earlier timing and they actually replied me in kakaotalk that it's not possible as Dr Lee was undergoing an operation. So, at least I am assured that my surgeon will not be leaving the surgery halfway to attend to someone else's consultation.

I didn't bargain because I knew I wouldn't take up the offer anyway but I think you can try. The consultant that attended to me is not like those consultants in those factory type clinics. Based on gut feeling, you can sense some sort of mind games going on throughout the bargaining process for certain consultants but not her.

Usually the consultation process has 3 parts: (1) you talk to the consultant first to understand what procedures you wish to do. At this point certain consultants will try to upsell you more that what you need. Or they try to charge you suddenly without warning for the CT scans before letting you see the doctor (gasps*cinderella*gasps). (2) The actual consultation with the doctor (3) The final sales pitch where the consultant will haggle the price with you and decide on pre-ops admin stuff.

For JUM, my experience was that it was just like going for a consultation for braces. It was very "medical" so to speak. Part 1 was really short in that they just gave me a form to fill up to indicate what I needed and let me do the CT scans. Keep in mind thought that I was already paying 50000won for consultation (preinformed during kakaotalk conversation) and that the consultants did not know much English so probably another reason why they didn't try to upsell anything else.

Part 2 was as per normal and for part 3 what impressed me was that very little was focused on sales. I guess the laminated list help in that it is really quite straightforward. So the consultant really focuses more on how to schedule me for the surgery based on my itinerary in Korea and the vacant slots they they have. I actually felt a little guilty because I had to tell her that I still needed time to consider. She was probably cracking her brain out trying to fit me for a surgery for the following 2 days which was unnecessary given that in the end I was not interested.

So overall I have a good impression of this clinic. Ultimately though I also have my hesitations since if you do choose to go with JUM, you are probably the pioneer in this forum because there is literally no other information at all (most importantly regarding post op care)

Yes he was patient and honest. He's more of a serious type and not those hyperactive friendly surgeon. I didn't pose questions about V-line so I can't really answer your other question and I am myself ok with using non dissolvable screws so I didn't ask him that as well.

I originally scheduled my consultation at 2pm but wanted to shift the consultation to an earlier timing and they actually replied me in kakaotalk that it's not possible as Dr Lee was undergoing an operation. So, at least I am assured that my surgeon will not be leaving the surgery halfway to attend to someone else's consultation.

I didn't bargain because I knew I wouldn't take up the offer anyway but I think you can try. The consultant that attended to me is not like those consultants in those factory type clinics. Based on gut feeling, you can sense some sort of mind games going on throughout the bargaining process for certain consultants but not her.

Usually the consultation process has 3 parts: (1) you talk to the consultant first to understand what procedures you wish to do. At this point certain consultants will try to upsell you more that what you need. Or they try to charge you suddenly without warning for the CT scans before letting you see the doctor (gasps*cinderella*gasps). (2) The actual consultation with the doctor (3) The final sales pitch where the consultant will haggle the price with you and decide on pre-ops admin stuff.

For JUM, my experience was that it was just like going for a consultation for braces. It was very "medical" so to speak. Part 1 was really short in that they just gave me a form to fill up to indicate what I needed and let me do the CT scans. Keep in mind thought that I was already paying 50000won for consultation (preinformed during kakaotalk conversation) and that the consultants did not know much English so probably another reason why they didn't try to upsell anything else.

Part 2 was as per normal and for part 3 what impressed me was that very little was focused on sales. I guess the laminated list help in that it is really quite straightforward. So the consultant really focuses more on how to schedule me for the surgery based on my itinerary in Korea and the vacant slots they they have. I actually felt a little guilty because I had to tell her that I still needed time to consider. She was probably cracking her brain out trying to fit me for a surgery for the following 2 days which was unnecessary given that in the end I was not interested.

So overall I have a good impression of this clinic. Ultimately though I also have my hesitations since if you do choose to go with JUM, you are probably the pioneer in this forum because there is literally no other information at all (most importantly regarding post op care)
Great information Lovecert, thank you very much, that was really helpful. It's good seeing new clinics' names pop up, I feel like the ones mentioned here are overrated..

Do you happen to know why doctor Lee left the previous clinic he was working at? I can't remember the name though. Was it because he was good and wanted to open his own cllinic or the opposite?
Also, what did he say about sagging?
And I forgot to ask you before, do they use the quick zygoma reduction, where they only cut and push in and secure the zygomatic arch?

Are you interested in just genioplasty or 2-jaw, or zygoma as well? Maybe you are in a kakao group?

Thank you!

I'm afraid I can't really answer your questions because I didn't consult for V-line or Zygoma reduction. My suggestion would be that you may like to arrange an appointment with them. He was previously from White Dental.

I did not join any kakao group because I saw some forum posts stating it's possible the group might consists of promoters as well. I just shortlisted all the clinics I wanted to go and emailed/Line/Kakao them for a consultation. My criteria was that the doctor needs to be an oral and maxillofacial surgeon

I'm not interested in any form of zygoma reduction. Cheekbones all the way! I also do not believe in removal of bones unless medically required. But then again I'm male.