Fabric or leather Isabelle?

TooManyWantMore

LV Content
Dec 11, 2012
Okay, so I bought the black fabric Isabelle and I love it (haven't used it yet) BUT I really like the leather too. I can't have both in black...way too many black bags already. I feel like I'm really going to kick myself later though if I don't have the leather. Anyone have both fabric and leather Isabelle's, which do you prefer and why?

I prefer leather bags in general because they are more durable and easier to clean (assuming it's a leather you can clean and not something delicate). I have had fabric bags and liked them, but I am more careful about where I put them down for sure.

I have the fabric IKAT as well as the Jade and Magenta Isabelles. TBH, I LOVE them all :smile:. The fabric one is perfect for the rainy weather and the leather works for all other times (even in light snow). It all depends on what I am wearing and feeling that day :smile:.

I have the Isabelle in black leather w/ silver hw. I love her. Like Restore724 said, the leather is so soft & slightly shimmery. And it's perfectly slouchy too. So my vote's for leather.
Some enabling... ;)

image-203175378.jpg

Careful with leather - it's so different from bag to bag esp on Isabelle (from what I've seen) some are super Soft and amazing but others feel really bad - not Soft at all so go to a store and touch them.....

TooManyWantMore said:
Okay, so I bought the black fabric Isabelle and I love it (haven't used it yet) BUT I really like the leather too. I can't have both in black...way too many black bags already. I feel like I'm really going to kick myself later though if I don't have the leather. Anyone have both fabric and leather Isabelle's, which do you prefer and why?

Not in Isabelle but in katarina..
I justify like this..: the leather is more dressy /days when you dont want to yell my
Bag is coach.... The leather is simply but elegent.
that is what i love abt my embellished sophia.. Doesn't scream coach.. and siggy more casual.. For jeans :smile:

I have the fabric IKAT as well as the Jade and Magenta Isabelles. TBH, I LOVE them all :smile:. The fabric one is perfect for the rainy weather and the leather works for all other times (even in light snow). It all depends on what I am wearing and feeling that day :smile:.

oh can you post pics of the ikat one? I ordered one sight unseen and none of the store around me have it in stock right now.

I have other styles in black/black fabric and I love it.

The Isabelle leather is super duper soft with a hint of shimmer so I preferred leather Isabelle. It feels so soft against my skin when I carry it over my shoulder. See my pics of black and magenta at http://forum.purseblog.com/coach/isabella-clubhouse-show-me-your-stuff-793024-6.html

I saw them...a couple times, that thread is what made me have second thoughts. I love the signature on Isabelle but the slouchy leather is something special. I have the silver signature Isabelle too but to me that's so different than black on black. I'm torn...sigh. I may just buy the leather too. I have 2 black Carly bags, one signature and one leather and I use them both with different looks.

theheidis said:
Careful with leather - it's so different from bag to bag esp on Isabelle (from what I've seen) some are super Soft and amazing but others feel really bad - not Soft at all so go to a store and touch them.....

So very true! The leather Isabelle on display looked old and pebbled. It looked dehydrated,or something.
I made sure to pick out new smooth and shimmery leather one.

I think I'm going to go get the leather today! It's just going to keep bugging me until I do. If I bought the signature with a 25% off coupon, do you think they will honor it for the leather purse exchange? Anyone ever done that? If not, I'm taking my 40% off letter and bringing Carrie home.