F**kbay and non-paying bidders...

Roche

O.G.
Jun 10, 2007
I think f**kbay encourages non-paying bidders...

Right now, I have 4 non-paid items while 2 of them are in dispute.

One of them is a lady with 4 feedbacks who bought my used Manolo shoes for 89$. I have been waiting for her to pay for 3 weeks. She keeps sending me messages saying she would pay, to give her 24 more hours, bla bla bla...

I am not being nice waiting that time, I am just trying to avoid negative feedback.

I even sent her this message:

"Dear You,

You have won those shoes 3 weeks ago and I did not receive your payment. I will have to relist the shoes. I strongly encourage you to have the money before bidding on Ebay. I also suggest that you use that money on something more important than shoes."

I am being a stupid therapist here.

Would you relist the shoes and take the chance of being neg feedbacked or continue to wait?

Honestly, if it was not of making some money to finance my new Zac Posen purchases, I would quit f**kbay. I am SO done with them.

If she actually does pay, can't you just refuse her paypal payment? In the interim, if you file a NPB, won't that prevent her from leaving fb? I think 7 days is too long, when I win, I pay the same day, as soon as I found out I've won.

In my opinion there is no logic for eBay to encourage NPB. eBay is not the one who is not paying.

With that said, by the 5th day we communicate with the buyer. If they have an issue, we wait for them to solve it, unless they tell us up front it will be a set date. We will not go past two weeks before we let them know we are filing a dispute. This could be to officially ask for payment or to cancel the buy.

If this person who is stringing you on for 3 weeks was truthful from the start, we would have waited, but it sounds as if they were not. File a dispute, but I would not re-list it until it is settled. JMHO. IF a negative is filed, I believe ebay will remove it.

I always make sure in my ad that it says payment within a certain time restriction or I will file a non payment complaint againist them because it cost you time and money to re list the product...Never have had a non payer yet...cross my fingers...

If you've already waited 3 weeks, you're definitely eligible to do an NBP. It'll take about a week before you can relist them, but if she can't come up with a measly $89 in a period of three weeks, I'm guessing she won't be able to come up with it over the next 7 days either. That way you're off the hook, and she can't give you a neg.

If I said that Ebay encourages non-paying bidders its because buyers feel more comfortable bidding and not paying with the new feedback rules (probably they use the money for something else...). I never had so many NPB for 15$ items.

In this environment, is negative feedback so bad? I dunno but I'm beginning to think neg FB as a seller should be a badge of honor ... it's better than allowing NPB to screw us at every opportunity.

Good luck with your issue.

^ Geez, do you sell a lot or is it pretty much everything has a NPB?? I thought my stuff was getting bad with 2 in a row on the same item (b*** still hasn't paid almost a week later)