Eyeshadow help!

Fran0421

Chanel & Chloe lover
Feb 9, 2011
Hi girls!

I have a bit of a dilemma. I am currently using a lot of eyeshadow colours from the naked palette mainly darkhose and buck ( brownish shades). I also use other brown shades from other makeup brands. However, lately everytime I put brown eyeshadows on they turn a slight mauve/ pink on my eyelids after 2 hours. It's very strange! I use a neutral primer and alternate between urban decay or mac painterly.

Has anyone experienced a change in eyeshadow colour before? or would know why this happens?

TIA :smile:

I don't see a change in eyeshadow color, but I don't like the way a lot of eyeshadow colors look with my complexion because a lot of colors pull pink. I have a very rosy complexion, so I think it accentuates the underlying red/pink tones in a lot of colors. I usually happens with a lot of copper/brownish tones. I think shimmer makes it worse.

Thank you ehy :smile:! Maybe I will go and ask at a beauty counter. It is very strange! It could be that my eyelids have pink undertones and I need a different primer.

I don't see a change in eyeshadow color, but I don't like the way a lot of eyeshadow colors look with my complexion because a lot of colors pull pink. I have a very rosy complexion, so I think it accentuates the underlying red/pink tones in a lot of colors. I usually happens with a lot of copper/brownish tones. I think shimmer makes it worse.

Have you tried the lemon drop primer from Too Faced? It's supposed to cancel the purple/pink tones on your eyelid, but I'd imagine it would have a similar effect on eyeshadows turning pink.