Products I used:

1. Napoleon Perdis Auto Pilot Pre-Foundation Primer
2. Foundation: Rimmel Recover Foundation inn 'Ivory'
3. Revlon Skinlights Face Illuminator in 'Natural Light'
4. Maybelline Dream Mousse Blush in 'Peach Satin'
5. Australis Brow Pencil in 'Light Brown'
6. Prestige eyeliner in 'Denim'
7. She Australia eyeshadow in 'Karma'
8. Maybelline Volum' Express Turbo Boost mascara in 'Black' (for top lashes)
9. Maybelline Great Lash mascara in 'Blackest Black' (for bottom lashes)
10. Rimmel Liquid Liner in 'Black'
11. Prestige lipliner in 'Silk'
12. Maybelline Wonder Finish matt foundation in 'Porcelain Ivory' (a dream for priming eyelids before eyeshadow!!)

And the 'How to'...

1. After cleansing & moisturising, allow at least 10 mins for moisturiser to soak into skin.

2. Apply Foundation Primer evenly over face, jawline and neck (if need be). Let soak in.

3. While you wait, groom brows by plucking any stray hairs and fill in patchy pieces with a brow pencil using soft, natural flicks.

4. Prime eyelids with mattifying foundation. Just apply a drop, and lightly pat in. (This ensures an even, velvety soft finish before applying eyeshadow, AND, prevents shadow from soaking into the creases of your lids! Genius! I strongly suggest a liquid-to-powder formulation here. You dont want any regular foundation mixing with your eyeshadow.)

5. Apply Foundation - I used my fingers here, as I feel I have more control over where im putting the product and blends more naturally. I find a sponge soaks up too much.

6. Apply only a few dots of illuminator to the tops of your cheekbones and pat gently around your face. This will catch the light and give your skin a radiant glow and draw eyes to yours!

7. Apply blush to the apples of your cheeks and carefully blend out towards your temples for a natural flush.

8. By now, your lids will be dry. Apply a shimmery light green shadow all over your lids. Begin at the inner corners and gently fade it out to the outer corners. This will grab the most light. Do the same for under your eyes; concentrate the colour on the inner corners and spread until the line is parrallel to your pupils!

9. Apply, if you wish, a metallic bronze shadow in the centre of your lid. I found that if you're afraid to go the whole hog, this shade breaks it up a bit making it look a bit tamer!

10. Using an aqua eyeliner, line the inner rim (or the 'waterline') of your eye.
Note: this is different to the lash line. Keep it as close to the eye as possible - make sure the point is blunt!

11. Using liquid liner, slowly line your top lids. I did this by lining in 3 parts, and connected them up afterwards! (much neater then one wobbly line!)

12. Lashes:
Note** If you wish to make lashes bigger and bolder, I would suggest grabbing some fake lashes & snipping off the outercorners on both and using these on the outercorners of your lids to draw the outer eye upwards.
Also, you may want to invest in a primer (Ive used maybelline ones. Theyre quite good and make the lashes so much longer and thicker. Just make sure the primer is just-dry before you apply mascara -> or you could end up with grey lashes!)
Here, I just used Maybelline Volum' Express mascara by itself.
Make sure you swipe off excess product off the wand and hold your hand steady. VERY slowly, apply the wand to the very base of your lashes beginning at the outercorner of your eyes.
Use a slight zig-zag motion as you glide the wand from the root to tip, curving your wrist as you go - to set lashes at a daring curve. The zig-zag motion ensures you capture the lashes together, making them thicker. Work from the outer lashes to the inner lashes using that same motion and setting the lashes into a curl with your wrist. Go very slowly until you feel more confident.
Its all how you apply the mascara!

13. Be sure to apply a shimmery bone coloured shadow to your brow bone. (This will coincide with the illuminator on your cheeks, brightening the face, and opening up the eye area).

14. Using Maybelline Great Lash mascara, apply a very light dose to your bottom lashes. Careful here, because any heavy product or lengthening of the bottom lashes can drag the eye downwards, making them look tired. Concentrate on just making them darker instead.

15. In this photo, I just lined my lips with lipliner. I would suggest doing the same but with lipstick over the top (applied with a lip brush). Blot, and then repeat. Finish with a smear of clear gloss in the centre, which will give the illusion of bigger, fuller lips.

Optional: My face gets rather shiny and oily at times, so using either a big, soft, face brush or a powder puff, I would finish by giving my face a light sweep of powder to dull down my shiny spots and set the makeup for longer.

Hope this has helped girls! Give it a try! :tup:

(And before anyone asks, no, Im not a maybelline representative! lol the shops around here stock alot of their products, so they have quickly made their way into my makeup bag)

Wow, great job! Can you please share your tips on curling and applying mascara? What are your favorite brands? Thanks!

Funny thing is, I cant really afford the top brands, yet I do always stop and swoon over adverts for Lancome Hypnose mascara - Ive always wanted to try it!

Because of my budget, and my lust for proving that cheaper brands can give great results, I normally stick to brands like maybelline, revlon and even avon - or raiding my mums makeup bag! :love:

Funny thing is, I cant really afford the top brands, yet I do always stop and swoon over adverts for Lancome Hypnose mascara - Ive always wanted to try it!

Because of my budget, and my lust for proving that cheaper brands can give great results, I normally stick to brands like maybelline, revlon and even avon - or raiding my mums makeup bag! :love:
Funny thing is that mascara is the one item in my make-up bag that I do not splurge on. If you're supposed to replace them every 4-6 weeks, I don't see the purpose in spending $20+. I've started using Max Factor Calorie 2000. The next ones to try are Max Factor Volume Coutoure, Cover Girl Volume Exact, and Maybelline Volum' Express Turbo Boost. If I feel like splurging then I want to try Diorshow or Impu Fiberwig.

Funny thing is that mascara is the one item in my make-up bag that I do not splurge on. If you're supposed to replace them every 4-6 weeks, I don't see the purpose in spending $20+. I've started using Max Factor Calorie 2000. The next ones to try are Max Factor Volume Coutoure, Cover Girl Volume Exact, and Maybelline Volum' Express Turbo Boost. If I feel like splurging then I want to try Diorshow or Impu Fiberwig.

Every 4-6 weeks?! My god. Where did you here that from? My mascaras usually have a shelf life of about 5-6 months and I chuck them soon after - or whenever they start to dry out and get flaky.
Keep them for a little bit longer then a month, and you'll really get more for your money :tup:

If you're buying a new mascara every 4-6 weeks, then I can understand why you're reluctant to spend more then $20 each time!

Belinda_GA, yes you should experiement with a bit of colour! Try mauves, or khaki greens, or even a subtle shimmery gold. It'll really make your eyes pop without being too dramatic!

Every 4-6 weeks?! My god. Where did you here that from? My mascaras usually have a shelf life of about 5-6 months and I chuck them soon after - or whenever they start to dry out and get flaky.
Keep them for a little bit longer then a month, and you'll really get more for your money :tup:

If you're buying a new mascara every 4-6 weeks, then I can understand why you're reluctant to spend more then $20 each time!
Ok, maybe I'm exaggerating a bit! Mascara is a breeding ground for bacteria, so I usually discard after 2 months, although dermatologists say that you should discard it after 3 months. I'll get a sty once or twice a year, so then I stop using mascara until it clears up and start with a new one.

i just have one question.. when u line the inner rim of ur eyes, how do u get it to stay!?!?! the inner rim gets ur natural tears... when i line it, it looks great, but rubs off in like one hour! even with "waterproof" liner =(

i just have one question.. when u line the inner rim of ur eyes, how do u get it to stay!?!?! the inner rim gets ur natural tears... when i line it, it looks great, but rubs off in like one hour! even with "waterproof" liner =(

I know exactly what you mean, but it is difficult to explain so bear with me.

After much practice, Ive found that you should line the very inner rim of your eyes all the way around except for the inner corners - leave them bare for now...

Like you said, this area catches the tears and natural moisture of the eye and can make the liner spread and smudge. Its job is to catch any forgein objects or particles and move them away from the eyeball, protecting it from any potential infection. This is why you have to move slightly away from the rim of your inner corners when lining to avoid that aggrivation.

This is a tricky area!
When you get to your inner corners, line them slightly on the outer rim and gradually meet it up with the inner-rim lined parts! (My little rule is "Outer line for the inner eye. Inner line for the Outer eye")

As you can see from the example below, the inner corners have been lined slightly outside the rim - close to the eye, but not so close that it is going to touch the 'pink' parts of the inner corners!

*phew!* hope this has helped!

l_acd7b97d135ccbde40f20287130c41ba.jpg