Eyeliner help needed! :-)

Handbag_Whore

Dec 13, 2009
How do I get that thin line of eyeliner on my upper lid right next to my lashes? Every time I do it i think its fine then i look in the mirror and the line is no where near my eyelashes but on my eyelid!

Also, can anyone recommend a good tool/product for the job?

Many makeup lines have eyeliner brushes- they have stiff bristles and are very thin. You wet it, put it into your eye shadow (one that has a lot of pigment) and "press and wiggle it" into your lashline. Trish McEvoy and Bobbi Brown are two brands that I know make them. Good luck! :flowers:

Hi! :smile: I love MACs 210 brush... it allows me to make a really thin line on my upper lashline! I use it with dry shadow, gel eye liner (love MAC fluidlines!), etc... super easy to use, too! :smile:

Hi I use a sephora-brand eyeliner brush and use gel-liners if I want my line to be really thin. do your eyeline in front of a magnifying mirror, start at the inner corner and don't use to much pressure (this makes thicker lines)

If you prefer a liquid liner I REALLY like the MAC Penultimate liner as the fine tip makes it easy.

Or MAC fluidline and a bent angle brush.

When i started to do it I would close my eye and draw it on then clean up any mess on the lower lash line. Youtube may help you out with the technique. You will get better with practice though :biggrin:

My favorite brush for that is a MAC 208. The bristles are very stiff and they are SMALL so it's super easy to get down into the actual lash line. I've never had much luck with brushes like the 209 or 210. They are too flimsy for me. The 208 is perfect IMO.

Ive just bought a Bobbi Brown eyeliner brush and long wear black eyeliner gel, im hoping to be able to do this tightlining technique with these 2 products but to be honest it looks really difficult :-/

You picked two excellent products! BB has the very best gel liner on the market, IMO, and I was only able to start doing my eyeliner better once I started using it (I wore some today, in fact).

Like others have suggested, I would def. check out YouTube tutorials (there is a thread around here on good YouTube makeup videos) and/or ask the person who sold you the gel liner for some practice tips. Finally, you might want to consider starting off with a shortened (travel) version of the Bobbi Brown eyeliner brush. This might give you more control - I tried this and found it helpful. :smile:

Liquid liners are the easiest way to get the thin line. Otherwise, Bobbi Brown's gel eyeliner and eyeliner brush, with a steady hand, can also give you the same effects.

You picked two excellent products! BB has the very best gel liner on the market, IMO, and I was only able to start doing my eyeliner better once I started using it (I wore some today, in fact).

Like others have suggested, I would def. check out YouTube tutorials (there is a thread around here on good YouTube makeup videos) and/or ask the person who sold you the gel liner for some practice tips. Finally, you might want to consider starting off with a shortened (travel) version of the Bobbi Brown eyeliner brush. This might give you more control - I tried this and found it helpful. :smile:

I tried and totally botched it! :sad: It all ended up in my eye!