Eyelash perms versus extensions

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. For those who have had both, which do you prefer?

As some of you may remember from my previous thread, I had an awful, costly experience with eyelash extensions. Within less than one week every last extension had fallen out, most within the first 2 days! I want to try again at a different salon because I hear such raves, but I'm thinking that I should go for a perm instead...

I have short, straight, thick eyelashes that never hold a curl when I use an eyelash curler. Will a perm work well?

Thanks!

2. Annie, have you tried using waterprrof mascara after curling?

I figured out that was the trick to keep mine curled.
    If I curl mine then apply reg mascara they fall and straighten back out, but not if I use waterproof.
    I have wimpy eyelashes too :sad: and they're REALLY important to me {read: I'm obsessed}

3. LOL As you can tell, I'm obsessed, too! Have you tried eyelash extensions? I'm like determined to make them work!

I haven't tried waterproof mascara. I use regular, and once I put it on, the curl falls right out of my eyelashes... so annoying! And even if I curl after applying mascara, the curl falls out a little later.

4. try waterproof!

I use Lancome Bi-Facil and it slips right off!

5. Thanks, Amanda, I'm gonna try that! Cheaper than extensions.

6. :yes: and you can try it. . like tonight! LOL!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice