Eyelash extensions - are they worth it???

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
?

Are getting eyelash extensions worth it?

1. Yes, totally! Worth every penny!

2. Nope, stick to falsies.

3. Other - please say why!

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. I've only had them done once for a special occasion, but I really loved them. Mine lasted for 6 weeks and I let them fall out naturally. They didn't disturb my natural lashes at all and getting ready was a lot easier. I used a deal on Gilt because I didn't want to make the investment to find out that hated them, so I didn't pay full price. I would get them again in a heartbeat if I could find some place that was more reasonably priced in my area.
    Another thing I've done because it's cheaper is I've gotten my lashes dyed. I have fairly long lashes but unfortunately the tips are blonde and the roots are black so they need help. Dying them they looked much longer and fuller, and mascara made them extra intense which was fab.

2. I did not enjoy them. They made my eyes itch (maybe because I wear contacts). They also ruined my natural lashes, and I had to use rapidlash and castor oil to regrow them.

3. This beauty service really really depends on:
    Skill of lash stylist - see below
    Adhesive used - fumes, odor, etc.

If the lash stylist isn't skilled, she may use too much glue, apply the Lower lash covering incorrectly (THIS can cause irritation), or even glue 2 natural lashes together (this can cause itchiness and irritation too).

With older gen adhesives, if you get them wet (face washing or shower) too fast, fumes will re-emit causing more irritation. Best to let them fully dry for 24-48 hours.

4. Do not do it please. I had those for couple months and they totally ruin your own lashes. After taking them off almost no natural lashes were left. I had to use Latisse to make them grow again.

5. I've had them for a year and a half now and I will never go back!
    I have no problems with itchy eyes and my regular eyelashes are fine. They fall out naturally as they always have.

6. #51 Jul 21, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2014

I know this post is late but you are absolutely RIGHT!!!! After wearing lash extensions for about 9 months and having removed them about 2 weeks ago, my lashes are sparse and short. UGHH, of course I panicked (and cried a little). I had to do something fast so I went to the department store and went a little crazy with all kinds of mascaras and I also went to the spa and invested in Latisse!! Lash extensions and I are DONE!!!

7. #52 Jul 21, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
    I have only been getting them for about two months but I looooveeee them. I'm kind of afraid of what will happen when I take them off. But for now I love them.

I'm having trouble attaching pics, but I love mine so much.

8. I got them done continuously for about a year and didn't have any issues with my lashes when I decided to stop.

The only reason I stopped getting then was because they were expensive and annoying. I'm pretty OCD so I would go in every 3weeks, only shower with goggles, etc. If I had unlimited funds, I would definitely still be getting them. I loved waking up with gorgeous eyelashes. (It actually was a shock to see myself with short nonexistent lashes for the first time in a year.)

9. Stick to falsies. Too many people around me have had them done and overtime they all look identical. Falsies are fun, you can play around with so many different styles and they are gone by the end of the night.

Why deal with a nightmare for 6 weeks, and your own lashes may never grow back. Why risk it?

10. A friend of mine is learning how to do lash extensions and yesterday I volunteered. My lashes are very blonde, and I love that now I just need a bit of liner and mascara to the bottom, the top lashes are longer, darker, and fuller. I didn't pay for them this time, but in 3 weeks I will go for a fill, and the cost is about $ 45 she said.

Attached Files:

11. I think they look good for two weeks and after that they become ugly. My lashes broke off after extentions

12. yep - you get addicted to the look - and then it takes some time to "rehab" them after - I am back on latisse and bought lilash - but I got the lilash from an ebay seller and am concerned about it being authentic after using it yesterday and my eyes feeling funky

13. Hi, this is my first thread so don't know if this question belongs here, lol
    but I've been wanting to get eyelash extensions for the longest time and idk I keep hearing mix things about them. What do you guys think? Thanks in advance! :smile:

14. I love mine and have been faithfully getting them done for about a year. I only adhere 100% mink lashes which are very weightless and look very natural IMO.

15. Do the salons have different brands to choose from? I'm not sure what brand the salon ive been planning on going has but i will definitely see if they have those :smile: