Eyelash extensions - are they worth it???

Are getting eyelash extensions worth it?

• Yes, totally! Worth every penny!

• Nope, stick to falsies.

• Other - please say why!

Results are only viewable after voting.
I had lash extensions for awhile before I finally stopped. I realized that my natural lashes were just not strong enough to hold the weight of it and an extension. I obviously loved the look but after a week my lashes would get all wonky and by two weeks I would have to get them filled. I never rubbed my eyes or used oil based anything. I also hated going in every 2 weeks for like 45 min plus $75+. Now I get Yumi lash lifts every 2 months and apply mascara. Granted it’s not the same effect but it’s still much better than my natural lashes.
I read if you wanted to stop, the best is to get it removed but not sure how that would differ from just letting it naturally fall out…

A part of me wants to get them put on again because they looked so beautiful, but after seeing my natural lashes after taking them off, it's kind of depressing. It's something I would have to continue doing forever. I really don't want to spend that kind of money as an ongoing thing. As crazy as it sounds, I really missed rubbing my eyes.

Reactions: 880 and Swanky
A part of me wants to get them put on again because they looked so beautiful, but after seeing my natural lashes after taking them off, it's kind of depressing. It's something I would have to continue doing forever. I really don't want to spend that kind of money as an ongoing thing. As crazy as it sounds, I really missed rubbing my eyes.
I do rub my eyes! I’m just careful not to touch the lashes. But yes, its something you’d want to commit to on an ongoing basis.

It’s basically a perm for your own lashes.
Great timing! I was just reading about them and I definitely want to give it a try. I'm not crazy about using an eyelash curler and I never bother with it unless I'm doing full makeup. The lashes on my left eye are kind of bent towards my nose because of sleeping on that side. I tried a heated mascara brush hoping to straighten them out but that was a waste of time and money. I would love to have curled lashes without daily fuss and bother. Too many negatives about extensions but the lash lift sounds doable!

Reactions: boomersmom
Great timing! I was just reading about them and I definitely want to give it a try. I'm not crazy about using an eyelash curler and I never bother with it unless I'm doing full makeup. The lashes on my left eye are kind of bent towards my nose because of sleeping on that side. I tried a heated mascara brush hoping to straighten them out but that was a waste of time and money. I would love to have curled lashes without daily fuss and bother. Too many negatives about extensions but the lash lift sounds doable!
Yes! I highly recommend it! And I’m glad that I don’t have to like run to get fills or be stressed that my lashes look wonky. When the lash lift wears off, it’s less noticeable. So sometimes I’ll go more than 8 weeks if my schedule is a bit hectic. And sometimes less and my lashes look great! I definitely think it’s worth a try!

Yes! I highly recommend it! And I’m glad that I don’t have to like run to get fills or be stressed that my lashes look wonky. When the lash lift wears off, it’s less noticeable. So sometimes I’ll go more than 8 weeks if my schedule is a bit hectic. And sometimes less and my lashes look great! I definitely think it’s worth a try!
I’d love to but have non existent lashes to begin with so not sure what the lift will do if anything (came across it in my research). The ones I have now look regular and not a lot of people will think it’s extension (unless they remember what my bare lashes were like before) which is also why I pay for someone to apply it vs buying the kit to do myself. My baby nephew has 100% more lashes/longer then my natural ones.

I’ve briefly tried the eyelash serum but stopped because of side effect of panda eyes? And the ones that are sold regular not w/MD didn’t really do much of anything.

I’d love to but have non existent lashes to begin with so not sure what the lift will do if anything (came across it in my research). The ones I have now look regular and not a lot of people will think it’s extension (unless they remember what my bare lashes were like before) which is also why I pay for someone to apply it vs buying the kit to do myself. My baby nephew has 100% more lashes/longer then my natural ones.

I’ve briefly tried the eyelash serum but stopped because of side effect of panda eyes? And the ones that are sold regular not w/MD didn’t really do much of anything.
Yeah my lashes are really thin and short. But I found that this was the best for my lashes and their health. The lash lift doesn’t look like I have extensions by any means. It’s just makes them look like they are there now (with mascara) without the hassle of me going to see the tech every two weeks. I also just hate the wonky scraggly look on me.

Yeah my lashes are really thin and short. But I found that this was the best for my lashes and their health. The lash lift doesn’t look like I have extensions by any means. It’s just makes them look like they are there now (with mascara) without the hassle of me going to see the tech every two weeks. I also just hate the wonky scraggly look on me.
Ah same for me but now it’s like I have mascara on but better. Not sure about the wonky scraggly? But it’s not so bad every three weeks. I usually have it on the weekend. If it was week day no way. And I usually sleep during my appt which works really well.

I’ve heard mixed info—5-7 eyelashes falling out a day, to a full set cycling out after 60-90 days (I guess that also depends on how much lashes you have to begin with xD)

But I might do lift if I can see someone’s before/after where it’s very similar to mine (thin, short and few) because I would also pay $$$ if the lashes lasted 5-7 weeks vs the 3-4 weeks now. But I mean obviously if there’s something cheaper that does the same thing I’m game.

I ended up taking my extensions out because they kept falling out again. But, it turns out it was my fault completely. I didn't realize that I was using a makeup remover wipe by Clinique that has oil in it. I had no idea. So obviously that is what was doing it. I made an appt on the 17th to have a full set put in again. I really loved how they looked and want to do it again. I actually bought a big bottle of lash detox by Bella Lash. This was recommended to me by my first tech, so now that I have that, I will use that instead.

Ugh. I feel so foolish.