Eyelash Curling

I've seen heated eyelash curlers, but I'm way too scared to try them! Has anyone tried one?

I have Asian-Pin-Straight lashes, so the heated curlers don't work on my lashes. However, I did the Eyelash Extension thing for a while (where a longer hair is glued to each of your own individual lashes). You don't want to use a regular eyelash curler on the extensions because they'll fall off faster. So I used a heated curler on my extensions, after I applied mascara, and it worked beautifully.

:yes: Hmmm. . . Do they plug into the wall outlet to get heated?

No, they're battery-operated and they look like little mascara combs. They don't have two sides to clamp your lashes together. You just sort of brush your lashes upward with the heated teeth to curl them. I got one from Japan a long time ago, and got another one from Sephora after that.

From your comment, I'm picturing a teeny miniature-sized hair curling iron, but for your lashes.:roflmfao: I think that would be too dangerous!

No, they're battery-operated and they look like little mascara combs. They don't have two sides to clamp your lashes together. You just sort of brush your lashes upward with the heated teeth to curl them. I got one from Japan a long time ago, and got another one from Sephora after that.

From your comment, I'm picturing a teeny miniature-sized hair curling iron, but for your lashes.:roflmfao: I think that would be too dangerous!

Yeah I was getting a funny visual on that! I WAS picturing a teeny tiny curling iron and thought wow that might heat up so much lol. Thanks for the explanation. I'll have to check that out at Sephora. :yes:

I did eyelash perming once before and it stayed put for about 1-2months. But it can be quite damaging if done on a regular basis.

Now I just curl it with normal curlers but I swear by Japanese brands of mascara. They help to keep my lashes curled and it never falls. ^^

I love getting my eyelashes permed and it looks amazing! I hv had it done several times, however, mine only lasted for 4-6 weeks. Everytime i get it done, i was told that u are not suppose to put any mascara on ur permed eyelashes for them to stay permed longer, but u can surely curl ur lashes abit more by jus using a normal eyelash curler before u go out.

I got mine done twice a couple of years ago, and I LOVED 'em! My eyelashes are normally pathetic, but then after perming 'em, I could go out without having to curl (manually) or put mascara on them, and look decent!

My colleague does eyelash extensions, and she looks like an absolute doll, and I'm def toying with the idea of getting mine done too! Problem is, I have a terrible habit of rubbing my eyes :sad: Maybe it'll be good motivation to stop!

As a working stylist and makeup artist in Las Vegas, I do both eyelash extension and eyelash perming services in the salon. In actuality the perming process and it longevity are relative to your natural growth cycle. You will regenerate a full set of eyelashes on an average of every 90 days. So, you will need to repeat the process accordingly. And, no, it will NOT damage the lashes. The hair, itself, is processed and this does not affect the follicle or it's ability to produce hair. If you have nice long, albeit straight, lashes...you're not only a PERFECT candidate but an easy one, too! It's a simple procedure that should take approximately 30 minutes and cost about $45.00. I highly recommend it!!
If you don't want to perm you lashes,you can, indeed, heat up your lash curler for greater immediate effects as others have suggested. The lash will still tend to return to it's natural shaping over the course of the day. I have a small plastic lash curler that I carry in my cosmetics bag and just give them an additional squeeze throughtout the day.

As for the idea of curling them before or after mascara, you want to avoid using a metal eyelash curler after you've applied mascara as you can tend to not only break the lashes but you make a strong 90* angle in the lash that isn't too attractive. That's why I use the plastic one AFTER I've applied mascara.

I have a small plastic lash curler that I carry in my cosmetics bag and just give them an additional squeeze throughtout the day.

As for the idea of curling them before or after mascara, you want to avoid using a metal eyelash curler after you've applied mascara as you can tend to not only break the lashes but you make a strong 90* angle in the lash that isn't too attractive. That's why I use the plastic one AFTER I've applied mascara.

Thanks for the great advice! I'm off to buy me a plastic curler for post mascara curling ;)