Eyelash Curling

L-U-V-Purses

I'm in character
Oct 1, 2008
Hi everyone! I have a question about eyelash curling. I have super straight eyelashes and I've tried using the curler, but I have these apple cheeks that keep me from actually reaching my eyelashes. So, I have really no way to actually curl my eyelashes. My mascara curls them a little but, but they're still really straight. Does anyone have any tips or products that can help me to curl them. Thanks in advance.

I've used a heated eyelash curler before. It might work better for you because with some kinds, you hold the "wand" parrallel to your eyes and brush up with the curler, so your cheeks aren't part of it at all. I hope that helps.

Something like this wouldn't be of use, because you still hold it against your cheek like a regular eyelash curler:
http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-EH2..._bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1234234589&sr=8-1

But this kind you hold out to the side of your face, parallel to your eyes:
http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-EH2..._bbs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1234234589&sr=8-2

There are many other companies like that sort. Check Sephora and Amazon.

just take a regular lash curler and heat it up with a blow dryer for a few seconds. just so it'll curl your lashes, not so it burns your skin off!

From the sound of some of these tips, it sounds like people aren't understanding that your cheeks are preventing a standard eyelash curler from reaching your eyelashes at all. :shrugs:

Yeah I thought so too asamiramirez. ive never used them, but those curlers that look like mascara wands and are heated would be your best bet. make sure you use waterproof mascara and it will hold the curl all day

Thanks everyone for the help. The only thing is, I can't use the wand because of my cheeks. I might look into the heated lash curler, but is there anything that isn't heated that you think might work?

Can you maybe use your finger to bend your lashes up a bit after you apply a coat of mascara? Keep applying pressure until the mascara dries a bit, then you can sort of comb out your lashes and give them a second coat. If all else fails try false lashes, I hear they can be pretty easy to use once you get the hang of them.