Eyebrow threading - how much does it hurt?

I used to thread back home (India) but since I've been in the US (5 years) I just pluck on my own or occasionally wax. I'm not good with pain so I'm kinda relieved not to have to thread anymore.... It HURTS! Especially the area under the eyebrows. I also get a rash when I thread and am red for hours...

Personally for me threading the eyebrows isn't so bad. At first you'd probably wince but if your threader is fast and good, she'll make the pain minimal and short. I actually have a very low tolerance for pain but threading works out for me!

However, you might want to check if your skin is sensitive like Babydoll 'cause then threading might not be good for you.. I never get any rashes or anything. I hope it works out for you!

it takes sometime getting used to but definitely better than waxing. The hair takes longer to grow and i like the "neat and clean look" it gives you. Tried this on my eyebrows and upper lips. It pays to find an experienced threader (not sure if this is what you call them) as some are more skillfull than the others and therefore not as painful

I just wanted to report back that I got threaded this afternoon for the first time at this new place near my house run by two Indian women. I got my eyebrows and my upper lip done...and will be going back later on this week when I have time to get the peach fuzz on the sides of my face done.

I :heart: the results!!! Waaaaay better than waxing - less mess, and a much cleaner look (not to mention cheaper). My skin is not terribly sensitive, but I did get a bit red, but that also happens after waxing, so no surprise there.

I would definitely recommend threading. It does not hurt all that much at all, though the upper lip hurts a bit more than the brows. My eyebrow hairs are very thick and resistant to plucking, so if it doesn't seem really painful to me, then I bet that most people would not find it all that bad. Even my SO commented on how much better it looks than waxing!

Threading does get you smooth results, but for me it's just too painful and the redness and rash I get are just not worth it. I get better results with tweezing, I've become good at doing my own eyebrows, necessity is the mother of invention!

Threading does get you smooth results, but for me it's just too painful and the redness and rash I get are just not worth it. I get better results with tweezing, I've become good at doing my own eyebrows, necessity is the mother of invention!

Awww, I am sorry that it doesn't work for you, BC! I am horrible at tweezing myself...so like you say, necessity is the mother of invention! :P

PS: You are really pretty - love your avatar!

I think it honestly depends on who does it! My Asian colleagues do mine, one girl makes me BLEED (i have sensitive skin), another is like a medium pain with a little bleeding and my favourite who does them the most hardly hurts at all! Well it does ;) but not too bad, no bleeding and it takes about 5 mins total for both brows.

I think it honestly depends on who does it! My Asian colleagues do mine, one girl makes me BLEED (i have sensitive skin), another is like a medium pain with a little bleeding and my favourite who does them the most hardly hurts at all! Well it does ;) but not too bad, no bleeding and it takes about 5 mins total for both brows.

Agreed - in that sense it's much like waxing. I am def. going to go back to the same woman who did mine this time. She was fast, incredibly accurate, and the pain was minimal. In fact, I would call it discomfort as opposed to pain.

I have never had my brows look this clean and well-shaped. :smile: