Eyebrow pencil VS. Eyebrow Powder?

msleex3

Sep 28, 2006
I'm currently using the Eyebrow pencil from Laura Mercier, and sometimes, I feel like the line looks too drawn on. I'm thinking of switching to eyebrow powder, but I really don't know what the difference between the two is. I'm thinking of using Clinique's eyebrow powder, but since I already have full brows and I just need something to fill in sparse areas or make them look fuller, I'm not even sure if powder will be enough!

What do you use and how do you feel about it?

I used a pencil for a while, but I switched to Anastasia powder recently and really like it. It has less of a harsh look on me and does exactly that, fill in the sparse areas.

i've used a pencil before, but i noticed it doesn't blend that well or look as natural. i currently use an eyebrow brush and brown eyeshadow from mac. it goes on a lot smoother and does a great job of filling in the sparse areas.

Try using a medium or long angle shadow brush. Rest the palm of your hand on your cheek holding the brush mid way and lightly brush on the powder. Should give you a nature appearance. And if resting the palm of hand is difficult in the beginning it's alright to just still holding it the same way light feathered strokes will give you the look you want. Clinique powder is great.

when you groom eyebrows, do you first brush them up with an eyebrow brush (mine just looks like a mascara wand), and then fill them in? or do you brush up and then to the side, fill them in, and brush again? i'm really into the full brow look right now :smile:

I would recommend Shu Uemura's Hard 9 Formula eyebrow pencil in Seal Brown 02 which is quite unique in the sense that it colours more of the eyebrow hair rather than the skin underneath. Seal Brown 02 would be suitable for brunettes. They have other shades for blondes, redheads, etc. Use light feathery strokes with this pencil & the results will look very natural (not at all drawn on).

I like the sort of eyebrow brush with a dual head (comb + soft bristle brush). For me the eyebrow brush comes in really handy if I've accidentally put too much product on my brows...I would just use the eyebrow brush & brush in the direction of hair growth towards the arch...this will take away some of the product...voila...softer & more natural-looking brows!

i LOVE the smashbox powder + wax.

I :heart: it too!!!! I have full eyebrows and use it to fill in and wax to keep them in place all day. My mom, on the other hand, has very thin fine barely there eyebrows, she uses it too and it works great for her. Smashbox is very easy to use and have a great color range, I use the Taupe.

I would recommend Shu Uemura's Hard 9 Formula eyebrow pencil in Seal Brown 02 which is quite unique in the sense that it colours more of the eyebrow hair rather than the skin underneath. Seal Brown 02 would be suitable for brunettes. They have other shades for blondes, redheads, etc. Use light feathery strokes with this pencil & the results will look very natural (not at all drawn on).

I second this. The Shu Pencil is amazing.

If you are looking for a nice powder though MAC recently came out with a nice brow powder that comes with a highlight color for the brow bone. It looks very natural and subtle.

I've been using the Estee Lauder Automatic Brow Pencils for years because they don't need sharpening and the consistency is nice and waxy, but easy to apply. I have a hard time applying the brow pencils that have too much powder or pigment.

when using pencil, don't just draw a line! it reads hello fakooo!
draw on with light, feathery strokes that will then mimic eyebrow hair!
powder is generally better for filling in gaps, but if say, you don't have any brows, i think it'll take quite a bit of powder to achieve brows!

i just started using LORAC brow kit for 2 weeks now. the mini angle brush makes it easy to apply. also, it looks natural. it comes with 2 different powder shades (there's different ones to pick from) and a brow wax.

attachment.php

Attachments

• loracbrowkit.jpg
    loracbrowkit.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 3,470