eye makeup remover?!

cheezeet

Aug 26, 2020
Hi guys! I recently did my double eyelid surgery hehe! but apparently, you're not supposed to rub your eyes for the first few months! but the problem is, I wear waterproof eye makeup all the time... can anyone recommend a really good but gentle eye makeup remover? I tried neutrogena's eyemakeup remover before, but it burnt my eyes! Also, a drugstore brand recommendation would be nice!

muchstuff

"Add to cart"
Authenticator
Jun 6, 2014
Vancouver
Hi guys! I recently did my double eyelid surgery hehe! but apparently, you're not supposed to rub your eyes for the first few months! but the problem is, I wear waterproof eye makeup all the time... can anyone recommend a really good but gentle eye makeup remover? I tried neutrogena's eyemakeup remover before, but it burnt my eyes! Also, a drugstore brand recommendation would be nice!
I’m sensitive to make up removers and Lancôme is one I can use. Not cheap but it works well.

30th anniversary cuff
O.G.
Aug 31, 2008
I used Bliss eye make up remover (used to buy it from Sephora) or CVS brand version of Garnier micellar water.

Reactions: fendifemale

makeupbyomar

Oct 17, 2018
Toronto, ON
www.imdb.com
Yeah, I recommend Bi-facil from Lancome and Kryolan's Eye Make-Up Remover. Both are similar in that you have to shake them.

Just a hint: Let the remover soaked pad sit on your lid for about 15 - 20 seconds before you gently wipe away ONCE. If you require a second or third removal, repeat the first step with a new cotton pad.

I've seen most people just wipe and rub repeatedly over and over again with the same cotton pad to remove eye make-up... It may seem counter-intuitive, but DO NOT repeatedly wipe or rub your lids in this manner. Always take your time when removing eye make-up.

Remember, let the product work for you. That's why you're paying a premium for a quality brand.

Last edited:

natasha3211

Oct 13, 2020
Before touching your face, wash your hands to prevent transferring bacteria to your face and eye irritation. "With your first step done (you've chosen a good quality and effective remover), the technique you use to apply the remover is next," says Rachel Nazarian, a NYC-based dermatologist. "Avoid using scrubbing or rough rubbing methods. Gentle dabbing and soft circular movements should be enough to lift the eye makeup off, without traumatizing the skin."

While makeup cloths conveniently remove dirt, they leave behind residue. Wash your face with a gentle cleanser after disposing of the cloth. To avoid irritation, use a fragrance-and-alcohol-free wipe.

• Love
Reactions: 880

Pevi

Jun 18, 2016
I'm super sensitive and I wear waterproof mascara (straight lashes), and I loooove my Nivea eye make up remover, it works better than any other, IMO. The only thing is that I have to remember to wash my face after using the remover because if I don't, my eyelids hurt (it happens to me with all make up removers)

1602689339670.png

cheezeet

Aug 26, 2020
I'm super sensitive and I wear waterproof mascara (straight lashes), and I loooove my Nivea eye make up remover, it works better than any other, IMO. The only thing is that I have to remember to wash my face after using the remover because if I don't, my eyelids hurt (it happens to me with all make up removers)

View attachment 4878141
thanks for the recommendation! will check this out. I recently found revlon's eye makeup remover works great too!

Love_N_Lune

Apr 17, 2019
Central Florida
I use a super old school brand - Abolene. It looks like Vaseline in a tub. It removes your makeup including waterproof. I do follow up with either Cerave Micellar cleaner or Cerave Hydrating facial wash. I have no breakouts.

Reactions: Luv n bags