EXTREMELY annoyed!

Misty, sorry to hear about your LVs being held at customs.

But under Australian Custom rules, any items sent from overseas with the value of $1000 or more will be subject to additional tax. (even if its gifts)

Not sure how much the tax will be though. Good luck hey!

Relax, I'm sure customs will take good care of them. I don't think I've gotten a package in the last two years without paying VAT and duty, and here in Iceland it's almost 40%. Just have all the papers they need ready and it will speed the process, it's so frustrating to have to wait.

Oh..I'm sorry to hear that, Misty..:sad: :sad: I hope you'll get your LVs soon!!

But did you just get a BH from LV store (as a part of your beat-price hike purchases)??? How come theres another one??

will they do that? even gift?

i wanna buy a bag from a ebay seller, but he stated he won't cheat the customs and write gift -> $10

that make me stand back too.....

I know here they do open packages and esp. ones with a lower value ....it doesn't matter if they mark it as a gift or not...if they believe it has a higher value then duty charges will be added...here they seem to know LV:lol:

Thanks shalomjude for the tip regarding package, I think I did get quite a few in the last two weeks to NOT be picked up, they just chose the most expensive package to pick up :shame: :lol:

I've calmed down a little, and will go to the post office tmr calm and collected and sort everything out:yes:

Although to be honest, IF its 10% tax I might have just been better off buying the bags new:shrugs:

Thanks shalomjude for the tip regarding package, I think I did get quite a few in the last two weeks to NOT be picked up, they just chose the most expensive package to pick up :shame: :lol:

I've calmed down a little, and will go to the post office tmr calm and collected and sort everything out:yes:

Although to be honest, IF its 10% tax I might have just been better off buying the bags new:shrugs:

yeah, thats what i have been thinking too, if i buy online for a 2nd hand, got charge in customs that i need to pay more for tax, why not just buy from shop

States on the form that even if its a gift they still WILL charge you GST because its over a certain value yada yada yada.

Thats it. I'm totally voting against John Howard or whoever introduced the GST when I vote:cursing:

*gift* is too common these days to have on a package.
I was charged on my ellipse as well. Nothing major but still.